The MT-07 Forum

Bad-ass Electric Bicycles

Beemer

6 hours ago, gregjet said:

It's an old motor/controller design. limited range and power drops off as everything heats up with the bafang motors. About time they modernized the motors/controllers. These ones have been around for a while now. A friend of mine built up a road/commuter on an mtb frame with a 500-750W motor. loses torque with sustained climbing

Bafang motors are very efficient if operated properly with custom programming.  It's important to keep the motors in the peak efficiency zone by running high rpms. Pedaling fast, or staying in gears that really spin the motor will net you 80% efficiency and cool running.  If you lug the motors around you will get limited range and overheating... as you will with any  motor.   Stock programming is also not helpful for running efficient, and should be changed immediately. 

Any links to reprogramming info?

I am only just getting into ebikes. My girlfriend wants one so she can come on the long rides. We do a LOT of serious climbing.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

5 hours ago, gregjet said:

Any links to reprogramming info?

I am only just getting into ebikes. My girlfriend wants one so she can come on the long rides. We do a LOT of serious climbing.

I copied these settings for the most part: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58780&start=425#p942167

Assist 1 - 10%

Assist 2 - 20%

Assist 3 -  30%

Assist 4 - 40%

Assist 5 - 50%

Assist 6 - 60%

Assist 7 - 75%

Assist 8 - 85%

Assist 9 - 100%

When riding in town I only use pas1 & 2, and only occassionally use up to pas4 for hills.  For steep grades that people have to walk their bikes up I'll use up to pas7.

Some good info here: https://electricbike-blog.com/2015/06/26/a-hackers-guide-to-programming-the-bbs02/

Thanks very useful. Still building my ebike knowledge base.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived