The MT-07 Forum

Handlebars to low

Kendall

26 minutes ago, Kendall said:

Hi guys just purchase a used 15 fz07 finding the bars a little to low , ant way to raise them?

The forum search feature here is your friend.  I found a good thread for you to read

Also, Revzilla has a nice Clipon riser kit https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/woodcraft-clip-on-risers-w-adapter-plate-yamaha-fz-07-2015-2016

You can also get just do what a lot of fz07 and fz 09 owners do and get some proper dirtbike bars that are taller. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-handlebars

But yeah, rememebr next time you have a question, to get the fastest answer, use the search bar n the top right of this forum. Odds are, your question has already been answered and it will take less time. 

• Premium Member

I have the handlebar raisers on my FZ07 for over a year. NP. You can buy them in different heights.

Love to ride!

With the Renthal High you may run into issues with the control cables not being long enough. I run Renthal Road Mediums and they are just right. I had to cut a little off the ends of each side of the bars for control lengths and that was about it, plus they were just a tad too wide for my liking anyways. The width of the stock bars I liked, what I didn't like was the height and pull back.

On 5/29/2018 at 11:50 PM, Snoopy said:

I have the handlebar raisers on my FZ07 for over a year. NP. You can buy them in different heights.

I never installed mine due to the cables not being long enough so I'm curious as to what you did to make yours work for you. Thanks for any input!

Beemer

• Premium Member

I'm using the SW-Motech bar risers black, 20mm high. No problems with cables length.

IMG_4166.JPG

Love to ride!

Thanks I bought a pair of renthal bars medium, they are on there way, thanks to everyone who commented. i will update everyone as some as i install them.

17 hours ago, Snoopy said:

I'm using the SW-Motech bar risers black, 20mm high. No problems with cables length.

IMG_4166.JPG

Snoopy, 

Do they make a noticeable difference? Ive been on the fence getting those same risers for a while but they a pricey, especially if the change in lean angle is minor.

• Premium Member

Honestly, I don’t remember. I have them on the bike for over a year and never touched them again. At the time, I thought there is a difference, but I can’t say how significant.

Love to ride!

(in UK) I put up and back on another bike - 25mm/15mm. I did notice a welcome difference.

Just do it! 

Archived