The MT-07 Forum

Seat Concepts won't do it

fhilliard41

fhilliard41

I tried to be fair; riding over 100 miles on each of three days, but no amount of repositioning could find a comfortable spot on my factory-installed Seat Concepts seat. The rear edge has a raised lip that feels like a rope laid across the bike. I offered to pay for a second try but the factory said that's it. My Corbin order went in this afternoon.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, fhilliard41 said:

I tried to be fair; riding over 100 miles on each of three days, but no amount of repositioning could find a comfortable spot on my factory-installed Seat Concepts seat. The rear edge has a raised lip that feels like a rope laid across the bike. I offered to pay for a second try but the factory said that's it. My Corbin order went in this afternoon.

If your experience is anything like mine, You'll be much happier with the Corbin saddle.  It's still not Goldwing cushy but much better at allowing me to be comfortable without the pressure points found on the factory plank. Let us know what your thoughts are once you get some seat time.

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I've sat on DewMand's bike and can attest to how nice it feels, it felt pretty nice. I'd say it has the right mount of softness on the top with the right amount of firmness underneath to give you support so your glutes don't fatigue as quickly, like with the stock seat. I think it's a solid choice for comfort and recommend it.

Beemer

fhilliard41

I'm sure you're right. Corbin has taken a look at Yamaha's two-part seat and completely redesigned it. I can't wait to try it out.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have done 1000km rides on my Seat Concepts and love them. However as any cyclist will tell you, everybody needs a seat that suits them. I suspect leg length, footpeg positioning and bar position has a lot to do with what ends up comfortable.

• Like 2

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:50 AM, fhilliard41 said:

I'm sure you're right. Corbin has taken a look at Yamaha's two-part seat and completely redesigned it. I can't wait to try it out.

Any update @fhilliard41? Or did I miss a post somewhere?

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

fhilliard41

Check the pic; see a problem? I've asked Corbin to re-conture the seat to take out the slope at the rear. They have an excellent warranty and have agreed to do this.

IMG_20180618_121605156.jpg

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, fhilliard41 said:

Check the pic; see a problem? I've asked Corbin to re-conture the seat to take out the slope at the rear. They have an excellent warranty and have agreed to do this.

Thanks for the update.

I'm trying to understand your concerns. Are you speaking of the slope in the pan area that your cheeks sit ( where the "Corbin" name is) or the sharp rise behind that area?  Are you just looking for an overall flatter seat?

Good luck getting it resolved to your satisfaction. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

fhilliard41

Hi DewMan, The problem is the slope just above the Corbin logo, not the rise to the passenger area. This slope puts your weight on the family jewels rather than your butt. I was really surprised because Corbin built its reputation on fixing sloping Japanese seats. Why Japanese seats slope is another interesting question. I think the reason is that they're trying to keep the front wheel on the ground to avoid liability cases.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, fhilliard41 said:

Hi DewMan, The problem is the slope just above the Corbin logo, not the rise to the passenger area. This slope puts your weight on the family jewels rather than your butt. I was really surprised because Corbin built its reputation on fixing sloping Japanese seats. Why Japanese seats slope is another interesting question. I think the reason is that they're trying to keep the front wheel on the ground to avoid liability cases.

Thanks for the follow up. Are you running stock or lowered bars or rearsets? Just goes to show everyone is different. My jewels have had zero issue with the stock Corbin.✌️

Edited by DewMan

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

fhilliard41

I hear you, but I don't agree. The slope in the seat is a physical fact which you can measure with a ruler. Personal preference has nothing to do with it. This is an engineering error, plain and simple.

Edited by fhilliard41

I hope Corbin tweaks it just right for you. Other than the slope, how is the workmanship, comfort of the padding, etc? Have you ridden it enough to remark about it?

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...

My Seat Concepts cover with custom foam is legit also has texture grip that holds your ass on the seat for cornering

• 3 weeks later...

Corbin has come through with a rework that has completely solved my issue. The slope of the rider portion of the seat is now nearly flat and the passenger portion has been lowered. In addition, Corbin recovered the whole thing with leather, fixing another problem. This was all covered, at no cost to me, under their warranty. Great job!

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, fhilliard41 said:

Corbin has come through with a rework that has completely solved my issue. The slope of the rider portion of the seat is now nearly flat and the passenger portion has been lowered. In addition, Corbin recovered the whole thing with leather, fixing another problem. This was all covered, at no cost to me, under their warranty. Great job! 

I'm happy for you that they were able to resolve the seat to your satisfaction. 👍

I'd love to see what it looks like with the modifications.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 months later...
On 7/2/2018 at 5:23 PM, fhilliard41 said:

IMG_20180618_121605156.jpg

I am so short I need to sit forward to reach the handle bars   thus the slope in this photo would help to keep me forward I think ..

http://www.biohazardcycles.com/corbin-y-fz7-14-gl-gunfighter-lady-saddle-seat-fz07-fz-07/

My seat fits my ass.  I move around to much to complain on the stock seat. 

Japanese sor ass haiku

If your ass is sore

Must twist the throttle some more

No more ass is sore

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• 9 months later...
On 8/14/2018 at 9:18 AM, DewMan said:

I'm happy for you that they were able to resolve the seat to your satisfaction. 👍

I'd love to see what it looks like with the modifications.

I also would very much like to see a picture of the rehauled seat ? ? ?

• 1 year later...
Sunnycalibear
On 11/11/2018 at 4:26 PM, r1limited said:

My seat fits my ass.  I move around to much to complain on the stock seat. 

Japanese sor ass haiku

If your ass is sore

Must twist the throttle some more

No more ass is sore

very poetic I must say !👍

• 7 months later...