The MT-07 Forum

New Look

rick

Bigturbomax

Im veiwing on mobile and feel it looks really "clean". I like. Good work as always @Cruizin!

We are working on it. The look will bounce around a lil bit for a couple of days. Both the light and dark themes will be changing to the newer "cleaner" look in the next couple of days. 

Im thrilled that you liked it. Its goimng back to regular temporarily but you got a short look at what is coming very soon! 

All thanks go to our freinds at @DionDesigns . Im just paying the bill! lol

And cough cough, we are accepting donations at the button up top to help pay for this stuff, lol. cough, cough. 

Ok, we have switched over to the new look for both light and dark themes. 

NOTE: It is no longer possible to change custom colors. You can only switch from light or dark themes. 

To switch from light to dark themes, simply go to the bottom of the forum (footer) and click on THEME. 

Please post any bugs or issues below! 

Its nice but I have the skinny theme, hate it hate it hate it.

The ads as well just way over the top.  I dont want to freaking have my eyes focuses on ads especially whenI am looking for content.  Sorry  man but ads just plain suck period.  These are just over powering and the splash page shows an ad in the upprght rigth as well pushing all of your new post content down.

Not apolgies for saying you took three staps back

Ads.JPG

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Might look good on a mobile ( which I never use for the net) but on my wide 4k screen it looks like a throwback to the 90's with pictures added. All squished up in the middle. And the writing is now so tiny it is hard to read. Can't find anywhere to change page size or theme. Thought it would be in the profile area.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

@gregjet Ok, I just enabled "fluid width" at 95%. Tell me if that helps with the width on a 4k screen.

Part of the issue is the sidebar on the right, but that sidebar is going to be important soon as we add more features so it has to stay. 

Logged out and back in in case it was holding settings.

Page display is wider but the font is same tiny size.

If it is screwing with the mobile guys too much, you could possibly go 15% narrower, even if you increase font size.

3 minutes ago, gregjet said:

Logged out and back in in case it was holding settings.

Page display is wider but the font is same tiny size.

If it is screwing with the mobile guys too much, you could possibly go 15% narrower, even if you increase font size.

Ok, we'll work on font tonight.  We will also work on moving that sidebar banned ad down the page, like before. 

You might want to get some feedback from guys with more conventional aspect pc/laptop screens as well. Mine is a big gaming screen.

17 minutes ago, gregjet said:

You might want to get some feedback from guys with more conventional aspect pc/laptop screens as well. Mine is a big gaming screen.

I use a 36 inch monitor, the screen size compared to the older version, at min should be 80% not the 60% or less it is now IMO.  Color scheme is brighter and crisp that I will give.  And at the suggestion of a nameless person I was advise din a nice way to use an ad blocker.  So I did and visited just two pages.  The Splash page another not counting this

No further comments

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

7 minutes ago, r1limited said:

I use a 36 inch monitor, the screen size compared to the older version, at min should be 80% not the 60% or less it is now IMO.  Color scheme is brighter and crisp that I will give.  And at the suggestion of a nameless person I was advise din a nice way to use an ad blocker.  So I did and visited just two pages.  The Splash page another not counting this

No further comments

Ads pay for the forum and also pay for @DionDesigns to do their work on the forum.  I will minimize them as much as possible, but I cant pay for this place out of my own wallet. 

As it appears, the font is too small for comfortable reading for me. I am on a tablet. However, I can zoom ( with the two finger method) so I have a way around font size. It is all very neat and tidy, attractive . It needed a tidy up.

Just do it! 

Just now, robbo10 said:

As it appears, the font is too small for comfortable reading for me. I am on a tablet. However, I can zoom ( with the two finger method) so I have a way around font size. It is all very neat and tidy, attractive . It needed a tidy up.

We will get font in posts fixed tonight. I think default size is 14, we will rry bumping it up to 16. 

How about the other font? 

Topic titles? 

Main Forum page-titles of forums?

Menu text at top of forum? 

How do those look?   I work on a 13 inch macbook pro. I have a large 4k screen at home but Im hardly ever on it. 

If anyone can please answer my questions in this post, please tell me what device/screen you are using. 

Bigturbomax

Font is perfectly ledgable for me. Does look about 1 point smaller than it was before. Viewing on samsung S8 phone. 

8 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

Font is perfectly ledgable for me. Does look about 1 point smaller than it was before. Viewing on samsung S8 phone. 

But what does your dog think of the font? Can he/she read it? I'm shooting for max exposure here! 

Bigturbomax
8 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

But what does your dog think of the font? Can he/she read it? I'm shooting for max exposure here! 

I showed him....but he just barked. Not sure how to interpret that. Lets just assume hes pleased. His name is "creature" for reference. Runt of a litter, didnt really look like a dog as a puppy haha. We felt bad for him and kept him. So i dont think hed lie to me. 

Soon, we will change up the ads. I know there are a lot of them right now, please bear with me on the ads for now as we work on them.

Here is what is coming, advertising wise. 

1.Logged in members will only see 3 ads per page. Top, sidebar and bottom of page, like normal. 

2.Premium members will be totally ad free.  And I will reopen the premium member subscription program, with both annual or monthly subscription options.

3.Guests/visitors to the forum (non members) will get the bulk of the ads. up to 8 per page.  With a notice that free members have reduced ads, so please join and login and contribute some posts and pics to the forum! 

Pic hosting, forum hosting, forum maintenance is expensive stuff. So, ads will remain but logged in members will only see three ads per page, we will NEVER have video ads, and premium members will have ZERO ads.

Visitors will be bombarded with ads, but if they are not willing to join and contribute to our conversations, then they get what they get.  

1 hour ago, gregjet said:

Might look good on a mobile ( which I never use for the net) but on my wide 4k screen it looks like a throwback to the 90's with pictures added. All squished up in the middle. And the writing is now so tiny it is hard to read. Can't find anywhere to change page size or theme. Thought it would be in the profile area.

Ok, just increased font for larger screens. How does it look now?  Maybe clear your cookies too, to remove old settings. 

Think that's better font size.

DionDesigns

I changed the font used in posts to something more readable, and those using extremely wide screens will also see a larger font size.

If you have any other problems with the new themes, please let us know.

21 hours ago, Cruizin said:

We will get font in posts fixed tonight. I think default size is 14, we will rry bumping it up to 16. 

How about the other font? 

Topic titles? 

Main Forum page-titles of forums?

Menu text at top of forum? 

How do those look?   I work on a 13 inch macbook pro. I have a large 4k screen at home but Im hardly ever on it. 

If anyone can please answer my questions in this post, please tell me what device/screen you are using. 

On my tablet, the following is small: 'Unread Content'; and 'Mark as Read'; and the print within the ribbon at the top of each post is small. I read all of these things. The rest looks OK from my point of view. 

Just do it! 

At the risk of sounding like a whinger ( OK I am a whinger). The posting box is now so wide it id difficult to scan back to the beginning of the next line. Ok if there is only 2 or 3 lines, but gets difficult if there is more. Reminds me of old ASCII screens on a mainframe, where we used to have to actually hold a marker on the next line. Again, remember, it may be only for those of use with ultra wide screens so we may just have to live with it.

DionDesigns
3 hours ago, robbo10 said:

On my tablet, the following is small: 'Unread Content'; and 'Mark as Read'; and the print within the ribbon at the top of each post is small.

I'lll see what I can do to make those larger.

1 hour ago, gregjet said:

The posting box is now so wide it id difficult to scan back to the beginning of the next line.

This has been fixed...the editor now has a maximum width.

Since the web is not designed for 3000px+ wide screens (and probably will never be), I'd suggest that those with such screens open their browser in a window, and then adjust its width to something smaller. I'm not a Mac guy, but on Linux and Windows, the window size/position is remembered, and it will be the same  every time the browser is opened. Also, your browser has several settings that can make sites more readable. One such setting is the minimum font size. I'd suggest setting it to 13px for extremely wide screens.

Archived