The MT-07 Forum

Hello from Southeast Georgia!

aeuropa

Hi all, I'm Alex. I am a 14 year active duty member of the US Navy who is stationed in S.E. Georgia. I am 100% brand new to motorcycles, but at 32 years old, I feel that there's no better time to start riding than the present. I put down a deposit on a Liquid Graphite FZ-07, so now it's time to play the waiting game. In the meantime, I'm watching YouTube videos, reading articles, and looking at accessories to tide me over. I went through the BRC in March of this year and had a BLAST, but work was crazy over the last few months so making a purchase got put on the back burner. Which, as it turns out, was extremely fortuitous for me since Yamaha just released the 07 which seems like a perfect first bike for me. I have always loved the look of streetfighters/naked street bikes and for the price point, and I don't think there is anything on the market, new or used that compares to the 07.

Anywho, I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and learning tons from this community as it grows.

- Alex

Welcome Alex! We are real happy that you have joined us and thank you for serving your country in the US Navy! Yeah, I'm playing the waiting game as well. It sucks but at least I have my FZ-09 to keep me busy.

Naked bikes are so much easier to work on. Once you own a naked, you'll never want to work on a bike with fairings.

Guest ybcheese

Perfect time for a perfect bike, it will be worth the wait. Welcome to the forum, an thank you for your service.

• Global Moderator

Sweet ! Good decision to start riding. And I have to say: excellent bike choice. I just picked up mine, and I'm blown away, in a good way of course !

Welcome to the forum, you're going to like it here.

Guest brickst3r

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service! Good color choice :) same as me. Still waiting as well.

Welcome Alex! I think you made a great choice for a first bike. Just be safe out there and take it slow before you jump into crazy traffic! Plenty of nice quiet roads in SE Georgia to spend some quality time with. Also very nice ride from Fernandina to Jacksonville. Head south and cruise down A1A !

Archived