The MT-07 Forum

Super Tenere

Beemer

I'm not saying I like this bike a lot but I did like the video with the guys view points and humor. The comment about the ABS grabbed my attention. It would appear it's best suited for the street. Very entertaining video!

Beemer

Superb :D Probably would suit me perfectly; boring old git on boring new bike 😄

And man did I larf when he tried to right the bike 😁 575 should not be difficult to lift, just grab the handlebars and hoist a bit. Shouldn't even have the strain a tiny bit. When my 550lb Virago scrambler fell over when I forgot to put the sidestand down fully it was very easy to lift up.

17 hours ago, faffi said:

Superb :D Probably would suit me perfectly; boring old git on boring new bike 😄

And man did I larf when he tried to right the bike 😁 575 should not be difficult to lift, just grab the handlebars and hoist a bit. Shouldn't even have the strain a tiny bit. When my 550lb Virago scrambler fell over when I forgot to put the sidestand down fully it was very easy to lift up.

You're just a mini Hulk and don't know it, lol!

Beemer

He really hit the nail on the head, I have a 2015 Super T ES and love it, for all the reasons he listed, its boring, comfortable, reliable and will go places you do not expect a bike this big to be able to go.. The Super T and my wife's FZ07 make for a great pair of motorcycles!! Would love to get the new 700 super tenere that is coming out (in addition to keeping these 2 bikes!!).

Gary

On 5/28/2018 at 9:15 AM, faffi said:

Visiting the gym every now and then have its perks ;) 

You got that right! When I'm over the costochondritis I have I'll be hitting the gym hard to build the glutes up so I can ride longer without the infamous, "bum fatigue".

Beemer

That is a quality bike. They must have poured far too much money into it because it was announced with a high price, out of its range really.  And it arrived just as the crash was acoming. So it was never a popular bike, but maybe it is one of Yamah's best. Yam's next move was (and probably had to be) into the MT world of very different bikes and bike production.

Just do it! 

I so like this guys vids.

Another ludicrously oversize adventure bike. Having said that for a big loop ride ( Around the outside of Australia) , It would probably be a beauty. Personally I would rather a MUCH smaller displacement and weight.

One point is the reason that th bike pushes AND is hard to flip flop is because that's what happens when you lower the CoG too much. It makes it feel light but requires much more chucking around to get the weight in the right place to corner. Honda race bikes found out how much making the CoG too low makes a bike push under braking in the 500 era when it made their undertank bike almost impossible to brake and corner.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Yes, it's a myth that a low CoG makes a bike easy to handle. What you want is a centralized CoG so that you could turn it around an imaginary longitudinal clothes line, keeping it in perfect balance no matter how it is placed.

10 hours ago, faffi said:

Yes, it's a myth that a low CoG makes a bike easy to handle. What you want is a centralized CoG so that you could turn it around an imaginary longitudinal clothes line, keeping it in perfect balance no matter how it is placed.

I imagine that to be right. I have often thought that manufacturers should state precisely where that 'clothes line' c o g sits. It might help a decision as to buying, or not, a tallroader, for example.

Just do it! 

Archived