The MT-07 Forum

New owner from Quebec city, 🇨🇦

Bgagnon

Hi all,

we pull the trigger on a 2018 grey MT07 for my GF. This her third bike. We did our first trial today. It’s a really fun bike. Very light and compact. I look forward to add a windshield and sommes rigids sides cases (Shad or Givi). The only problem is that some of the adds-on from the 2017 and previous are not compatible with the 2018. I am still waiting for sku updates from Puig, Givi, Shad and MRA in North America. The new parts are available from some vendord In europe but need to cross the river 😁. My self, I currently ride a brand new 2018 GSX-S1000F that I like very much.

../Bruno

Welcome and congrats! If your GF is riding the bike is she going to join the forum also?

Beemer

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Beemer said:

Welcome and congrats! If your GF is riding the bike is she going to join the forum also?

NO drooling @Beemer! ;D

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

18 hours ago, Bgagnon said:

Hi all,

we pull the trigger on a 2018 grey MT07 for my GF. This her third bike. We did our first trial today. It’s a really fun bike. Very light and compact. I look forward to add a windshield and sommes rigids sides cases (Shad or Givi). The only problem is that some of the adds-on from the 2017 and previous are not compatible with the 2018. I am still waiting for sku updates from Puig, Givi, Shad and MRA in North America. The new parts are available from some vendord In europe but need to cross the river 😁. My self, I currently ride a brand new 2018 GSX-S1000F that I like very much.

../Bruno

Félicitation Bruno! La madame va vraiment aimer! :)

My GF has the 2018 White/Red and she just dig that little critter.

Yes, it's a bummer for parts, We are in the same boat, waiting for manufacturer's and distributors to update their products SKU and models.

Puig has a new screen out for the 2018 there but those are not availabe here...just yet. I learned it the hard way. ;)

Welcome to the forums.

A.

14 hours ago, Beemer said:

I dont think so. She loves riding while I care for the bikes... sorry Beemer 😎

It just seemed a little odd is all because most people that own FZ's here are on the forum themselves but hey, it's not a problem, not complaining. Glad to have you onboard!  😉 I like the screen name!

Beemer

15 hours ago, safety said:

Félicitation Bruno! La madame va vraiment aimer! :)

My GF has the 2018 White/Red and she just dig that little critter.

Yes, it's a bummer for parts, We are in the same boat, waiting for manufacturer's and distributors to update their products SKU and models.

Puig has a new screen out for the 2018 there but those are not availabe here...just yet. I learned it the hard way. ;)

Welcome to the forums.

A.

Hi Safety,

La madame aime vraiment beaucoup!! She is replacing a CB500X so power delivery is " a bit different" ;)

If you find someting that we can order to be shipped in Canada let me know.

beside the windshield and side cases I will also modify the seat to add gel and memory foam. 

Were are you located?

../Bruno

52 minutes ago, Beemer said:

It just seemed a little odd is all because most people that own FZ's here are on the forum themselves but hey, it's not a problem, not complaining. Glad to have you onboard!  😉 I like the screen name!

Not that odd... The language difference challenge is also a big factor. She speaks French and very little English.

I would be curious to have a pool asking how many users from the forum have their wife/spouse/GF participating in a motorcycle forum where 95%+ of the population are males. Lots of woman rides now and this is great, but we don’t see much hanging in forums.

../Bruno

1 hour ago, Bgagnon said:

Not that odd... The language difference challenge is also a big factor. She speaks French and very little English.

I would be curious to have a pool asking how many users from the forum have their wife/spouse/GF participating in a motorcycle forum where 95%+ of the population are males. Lots of woman rides now and this is great, but we don’t see much hanging in forums.

../Bruno

My apologies. I didn't mean to start anything, I was just curious because some woman, not many, actually do join the forum and speak English. Have a great day and welcome!

Beemer

On 5/28/2018 at 10:36 AM, Bgagnon said:

Were are you located?

../Bruno

I am on the south shore of Montreal, approximatly 25-30  minutes from downtown.

We are 35 minutes from the borders so Vermont and NY states are our playground. ;)

Cheers,

5 minutes ago, safety said:

I am on the south shore of Montreal, approximatly 25-30  minutes from downtown.

We are 35 minutes from the borders so Vermont and NY states are our playground. ;)

Cheers,

Hey, Great place to be.

You get to summer time at least 2-3 weeks before me and we are not taking about the difference in snow quantity... 

Great playground. Ride safe.

52 minutes ago, Bgagnon said:

Hey, Great place to be.

You get to summer time at least 2-3 weeks before me and we are not taking about the difference in snow quantity... 

Great playground. Ride safe.

Are you around Quebec city or further north?

1 minute ago, Bgagnon said:

Directly in Quebec City. Loretteville 

Cool! We have familly there. My wife is from Beauport.

On 5/28/2018 at 12:33 PM, Beemer said:

My apologies. I didn't mean to start anything, I was just curious because some woman, not many, actually do join the forum and speak English. Have a great day and welcome!

No need to apologize Beemer, we are not fussy :) Thank you for the warm welcome. 

My wife is French (from Brittany) and rides a 2017 FZ07 and loves it, she also rides dirt (CRF230F) and has ridden the TAT, CDR and multiple other long dual sport rides. She doesn't have any interest in joining forums but has no problem with the language (we have lived in the USA for 12 years!). We love visiting Quebec and speaking the strange kind of French that they have over there!!

Welcome to the forum.

Gary

Archived