The MT-07 Forum

Need tank side grip suggestions.....

Randucci

Just got my '17 FZ-07 last week and it seems like tank side grips/pads would help, what have you found that fit well, look good and are durable? The Yamaha ones are $65 and that seems a little expensive unless they are the best there is. Looking forward to your insights, thanks.

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

If you're on a budget or simply think tank pads should be cheaper there are these but I can't attest to how good they are. Personally, I like the design and I'd bet money those little rubber nubs will grip pretty well. How long they will last or stay in place is a mystery. I believe there are other colors to choose from on the amazon site but I think they all say MT-07 instead of FZ-07. I didn't research it, maybe I'm wrong. Edit: they all say MT-07.

https://www.amazon.com/Dots-Fuel-Traction-Protector-YAMAHA/dp/B072HHZ754/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1527265987&sr=8-10&keywords=yamaha+FZ-07+tank+pads

Edit: just found these also, a little cheaper and they also say MT-07.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Rider-Motorcycle-Traction-Protector/dp/B0734FY8JQ/ref=sr_1_30?ie=UTF8&qid=1527266571&sr=8-30&keywords=yamaha+FZ-07+tank+pads

Found another even cheaper.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WP4M769/ref=sxbs_sxwds-stvpv2_3?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=2708083022714283574&pd_rd_wg=IYUih&pf_rd_r=R0E24CM0HTD810QSY0VV&pf_rd_s=desktop-sx-bottom-slot&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_i=B06WP4M769&pd_rd_w=hFfKj&pf_rd_i=yamaha+FZ-07+tank+pads&pd_rd_r=ae62a5d3-a387-4cdb-8fac-f02830cc508f&ie=UTF8&qid=1527267897&sr=3

Beemer

• Premium Member

Tank pads may be nice to stop sliding forward but hinder my movements... so I went with Seat Concepts foam/cover(grippy top/CF side panels) kit... grips awesome with jean material and provides enough "slide" when moving your butt around... with leathers it grips good but provides better "slide" when moving your butt around in the seat...also the dirt biker in me forces me to point my toes slightly inward on the balls on my feet, this naturally kinda locks your knees into the gas tank...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I use superglue.  I have my leaters superglued tot he tank, so I gear up when I get on the bike

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I used rubberized non slip floor tape on my ZRX, It's the darker tape in the picture. It covers the nasty purple factory stripe and it handles contours well.  :)  

bikes 204.1JPG.jpg

19 hours ago, r1limited said:

I use superglue.  I have my leaters superglued tot he tank, so I gear up when I get on the bike

LOL! I hope you at least leave the bike parked outside at night to air those nasty, sweaty things out if nothing else. Wait, that's old school. Now there's Febreze!

Still ... burf! 🤮

Beemer

" I have my leaters superglued to the tank, so I gear up when I get on the bike "...Removes the ugly desire to get your knee down? Or are you attempting to emulate English motorcycle policeman technique?

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived