The MT-07 Forum

Superbrightleds.com

Bluntlunchbox

Bluntlunchbox

Hi, I just wanted upgrade my headlight bulb to led and found this from superbrightleds.com but couldn't find any forum reviews.  Anyone else try these? Hope it works out, I will post pics once it's installed.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/back-up-light-bulb/motorcycle-led-headlight-conversion-kit-h4-led-headlight-bulb-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink/3930/

I don't have them but I have bought lights from them for my bicycle and liked them but totally different lights for sure. My only concerns for these would be how long they will last since they use a heat sink and no fan. You may want to do something to your housing to allow some fresh air flow to keep those LED's cooled or else they may fail fairly quick. I recall reading somewhere about drilling some holes in the housing to allow cool air onto the LED's.

Superbrightleds own words > "High-Power LED Headlights generate a lot of heat, which can be damaging to its circuitry. All SBL Headlight Bulbs come with heatsinking options that will protect and extend the life of your headlights. This means that LED Headlights require extra space behind the headlamp in order to function properly. Be sure to check this area under your hood before ordering. (H4 bulb shown)"

I was concerned about too much heat even with my bulb that uses a fan but since it's waterproof I figured what the hell, I'll just leave the rubber boot off and I haven't had a problem with it in the two or so years I've had it.

Then there's the concern about  the amount of light it puts out, only 1,300 lumens. My older Cyclops is 3800 lumens but if it's whiter and brighter than the stock bulb it's going to be a positive mod. GL, I hope they work out well for you but if you don't like them you can always return it and get a better bulb at Cyclops for a little more money.

Edit: here's a short clip of my 3800 Cyclops.

https://youtu.be/YGMCK0ZpED4

Beemer

Bluntlunchbox

Thanks for the heads up!  I hope they arrive today and should have them up and running this weekend.  Keep you posted 👍

Haven't used these myself but just reading the product description, it's only 1,300 lumens for $35. That's kind of pretty dim in my opinion if you're using it for headlights on the road. 1,300 lumens for a flashlight to light up a room is fine but for the road with other cars around you probably isn't enough. But if you're on a budget, it seems fine.

If you have a bit more wiggle room in your budget, I'd highly suggest Cyclops as Beemer pointed out.

Link: https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/7000-Lumen-H4-LED-Headlight-Bulb_p_169.html

I have their 7,000 lumen version and it basically turns night into day. Every car on the road will see you and you will see everything ahaha because, you know, it's safer that way.

Here's a video I found on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33jo1kJHfc4

You do you and I'll do me.

Bluntlunchbox

Installation was a breeze.  The bulb fit with the dust seal and everything plugged in just fine.  The light output seems better than stock and the white color is great too.  I'm happy but will continue to ride and provide additional feedback along the way.  I commute to work in the early morning and can see objects in the road quite easily.  The street signs seem to "pop" a little more too, so I'll check the aim as well.  All in all I'm satisfied.  

The design is similar to the phillips design where the tiny leds emulate the position and size of tungsten filaments so should work fine in our reflector/clear lens lights BUT as pointed out 1300lumens is really insufficient. With those bulbs you would have to add a high beam driving light to match the original illumination, especially in high beam environment. Around town usually doesn't matter because you have street lights and lower speeds.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

On 5/31/2018 at 3:00 PM, Bluntlunchbox said:

Installation was a breeze.  The bulb fit with the dust seal and everything plugged in just fine.  The light output seems better than stock and the white color is great too.  I'm happy but will continue to ride and provide additional feedback along the way.  I commute to work in the early morning and can see objects in the road quite easily.  The street signs seem to "pop" a little more too, so I'll check the aim as well.  All in all I'm satisfied.  

Good to see they work and that you're happy with them but when they go bad I highly recommend getting a 7k lumen, Cyclops bulb to double your satisfaction. Stay frosty!

Beemer

Bluntlunchbox
20 minutes ago, Beemer said:

Good to see they work and that you're happy with them but when they go bad I highly recommend getting a 7k lumen, Cyclops bulb to double your satisfaction. Stay frosty!

Haha will do.  I find it comical how many times I think of the phrase "buy once, cry once." Well this will be kind of an experiment since the bulb I saw on Jake the Snake's YouTube video isn't available in Amazon anymore.  7k Lumen sure sounds good!

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Duke said:

Just a heads up, Cyclops replaced their 7,000 lumen version with a 10,000 lumen version. Ridiculously bright! 

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Cyclops-100-H4-LED-headlight-bulb_p_192.html

Nice! If my 7k Cyclops ever goes belly up I'll be looking for that. I've got about 3k miles on mine with no issues.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
On 5/24/2018 at 5:51 PM, Bluntlunchbox said:

Hi, I just wanted upgrade my headlight bulb to led and found this from superbrightleds.com but couldn't find any forum reviews.  Anyone else try these? Hope it works out, I will post pics once it's installed.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/back-up-light-bulb/motorcycle-led-headlight-conversion-kit-h4-led-headlight-bulb-conversion-kit-with-compact-heat-sink/3930/

+1 for the cyclops, I have the 3800, solid product love it. Their customer service is top notch as well.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

Im considering something like the cyclops just wondering how much space it takes up behind the headlight I put an lsl urban headlight on my bike and now have some space behind but not a lot 20180517_201913.thumb.jpg.6ec18319bff71f01d9170c0931f7626a.jpg

11 hours ago, Duke said:

Just a heads up, Cyclops replaced their 7,000 lumen version with a 10,000 lumen version. Ridiculously bright!

https://www.cyclopsadventuresports.com/Cyclops-100-H4-LED-headlight-bulb_p_192.html

Thanks, Duke! I just pulled the trigger on one! I have the older 3800 that I didn't pay a penny for (thank you cruizin and Cyclops) so yanking it for the 10K isn't a $$ loss but it will be missed a little, being it was my first bulb upgrade that I loved.

Edit: I'll get it within 3 days so I'll be giving a (short) review and a video clip of it soon. 🧐 I'll do a before and after clip to better show the difference in the two bulbs rather than typing a lot of blah, blah, blah so people can simply observe and decide for themselves.

Beemer

Damn, I only bought a 7000 lumen bulb a few months ago for the FZ!! Can't justify another $80 for a new bulb whilst the old one works!!

Gary

33 minutes ago, Thrasherg said:

Damn, I only bought a 7000 lumen bulb a few months ago for the FZ!! Can't justify another $80 for a new bulb whilst the old one works!!

Gary

Honestly, the 3,800 lumen version was more than plenty. I believe anything over that is just for bragging purposes. I have the 7,000 lumen version and it is more than enough to be seen during the day time and there's no question on its performance during night time.

And there was no way for any of us to predict the new 10,000 lumen's introduction. It was just put up this week. 

You do you and I'll do me.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Thrasherg said:

Gary

I'm right there with you. Now I'm hoping the perfectly good 7k dies just so I can justify getting a 10k. 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Beemer said:

Thanks, Duke! I just pulled the trigger on one! I have the older 3800 that I didn't pay a penny for (thank you cruizin and Cyclops) so yanking it for the 10K isn't a $$ loss but it will be missed a little, being it was my first bulb upgrade that I loved.

Edit: I'll get it within 3 days so I'll be giving a (short) review and a video clip of it soon. 🧐 I'll do a before and after clip to better show the difference in the two bulbs rather than typing a lot of blah, blah, blah so people can simply observe and decide for themselves.

If you want we can get some footage of my 7K and make it a three way comparison? 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

27 minutes ago, DewMan said:

If you want we can get some footage of my 7K and make it a three way comparison? 👍

It's the only three way of any kind I'll ever get, ha, so alright, let's do that comparison. To be fair it will require yours to be tested exactly like I'm going to test mine so you may have to be over here at night for an accurate comparison. You can have dinner over here and there's Dew 👀 in the fridge. We could hit up Fred's again for dinner if you like, my treat.

Beemer

1 hour ago, Duke said:

Honestly, the 3,800 lumen version was more than plenty. I believe anything over that is just for bragging purposes. I have the 7,000 lumen version and it is more than enough to be seen during the day time and there's no question on its performance during night time.

And there was no way for any of us to predict the new 10,000 lumen's introduction. It was just put up this week. 

I agree, my 3800 is plenty bright enough but Cyclops mentioned other improvements over the older bulbs that looked like gravy to me so I had to pour it on me. 😋

I copied this from their site:

"By far the best LED headlight bulb cyclops has ever offered. 

We have taken all that has been learned over the years and rolled that into our latest gen 10 bulbs.

All new metal construction for bases and collars. 

*Better thermal efficiency 

*Better beam pattern differential between high and low beams."

Beemer

51 minutes ago, DewMan said:

I'm right there with you. Now I'm hoping the perfectly good 7k dies just so I can justify getting a 10k. 😁

Great minds think alike!! 😀

22 hours ago, Thrasherg said:

Gary

There's always the possibility of selling your 7k on this site for half price or whatever suits according to it's age, I'm sure there are people that would want a 7k at a lower price. Then use that money toward a new 10k lumen bulb. 🤑

Beemer

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

There's always the possibility of selling your 7k on this site for half price or whatever suits according to it's age, I'm sure there are people that would want a 7k at a lower price. Then use that money toward a new 10k lumen bulb. 🤑

Nice idea, but I think she will have to make do with JUST 7000 lumens until the bulb fails!! :)

Gary

9 hours ago, Thrasherg said:

Nice idea, but I think she will have to make do with JUST 7000 lumens until the bulb fails!! :)

Gary

Not the worst thing, I like my 3800 a lot and to be honest, DewMan and I looked at each others lights awhile back and couldn't tell much difference between the brightness between the two, they're both very bright so it's hard to differentiate with the naked eye and that was just by way of looking directly at the light itself in the daytime, not how far the beam went at night or how much better it lit up the road, none of that. It might be the same when comparing the 7k to the 10k. DewMan and I are going to do a good test between all three on video and we'll know for sure how much better one is than another.

Beemer

Archived