The MT-07 Forum

1hp?!?!?

Jbucher35

So, I have a 2017 FZ07. Tell me if this is the case with any of you guys. I added a Two Brothers full exhaust system, power commander, cold air intake and a full custom tune and I gained a total of 1hp...? Is this true or did they mess up? It says 72whp when I thought they were rated stock 74whp...please help!!

They freaki messed up at best you should have gained a solid 6 hp

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

As Chad said, the factory power is at the crank and you not only lose power through the transmission, chain, and wheel, chassis dynos are terribly inconsistent. A better approach would've been to baseline it before any mods but on the same dyno with the same tire pressure and the same setup. You would've seen the ~10% gain you are looking for there. 

• Premium Member

In EU they tend to go by BHP(crank HP) which is higher than WHP(wheel HP) which the US uses... stock FZ-07 is like 68WHP/49TQ 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

sansnombre

Ditto.

The factory numbers cannot be directly compared to your dyno runs. Take a look at all the other stock dyno runs, and yours started somewhere around there as well.

If you tape playing cards to the fram so they hit the spokes you get like 40 hp

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived