The MT-07 Forum

For those with fond memories of Secas

faffi

FZ07R WaNaB

I had two silver tank Seca 750s. One of which I went on a 2300 mile solo camping trip in New England. I even climbed Mt. Washington on my Seca.

The Seca was/is a great reliable bike which is plenty quick. It's not bad on a trip either as one day I did 500 miles riding from Bar Harbor, Maine to Scarsdale, NY, and then went out partying that night - Good memories!

I crashed mine with 750 miles on the clock due to the quite severe shaft reactions. And/or my own stupidity. Going through a 50+ mph corner with foot peg, side stand, main stand and exhaust on the deck, the rear tyre finally caved in and slid out quite rapidly into broad slide. As per usual (for me, probably not the correct move), I closed the throttle, planning to stand the bike up and hit the front brake hard to slow down before continuing with the corner. Unfortunately, the moment I closed the throttle, the shaft torque reactions lifted the tyre clean off the road. With nothing but metal now touching the ground at the back end, friction was close to zero and down we went, the pair of us.

And what did I learn from it? Nothing, other than keeping away from shafties for a decade.

Archived