The MT-07 Forum

Yosh and tune

metsen duts

metsen duts

Been lurking around awhile before I bought my bike. Blue 2017 as my first Street bike been riding dirt for 15 or so years ran a couple hare scrambles that kinda stuff, and after putting bout 2k miles on my 07 I'm thinking it might be a little under powered. I've been thinking about slapping a yosh r77 full exhaust plus a tune, most likely from 2wdw.  

Looks like it will be about a grand. Just wondering if y'all think it will be worth it. I'm 6'1 215 lbs not sure if I'm over weight for the bike or just expecting too much from a budget bike

Balance the carbs first, a DiY manometer is so easy to do and the tune is that much easier.
get the Flash done wit the Yosh.  Nothing beats getting it done on the dyno as well.  I think people miss an HP or two when they send in the ECO as opposed to having it dyno'd with the flash.

It is a tad under powered in my opinion due to weight and lack luster suspension.  A flash and yoush the bugger will pull yer arms straight and pull like a freight train.

And Welcome,

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

I wouldn't expect miracles from a Yosh & Tune, though it will use what power it has better.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

yoshi+tune(ecu or pcv)+Hordpower airbox(use Hordpower maps if using his airbox)= HP-07 😎... approx cost is $1200...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

If you are overweight for the bike then I'm freakin obese for the bike 🤣 Same height as you about 20lbs heavier. I went the Akra Ti PCV/autotune route huge difference over stock. The greatest upgrade I did was suspension. Re sprung the forks added heavier oil and a Penske shock setup for my weight and it feels like a completely different bike.

metsen duts
3 hours ago, CarGuy7a said:

If you are overweight for the bike then I'm freakin obese for the bike 🤣 Same height as you about 20lbs heavier. I went the Akra Ti PCV/autotune route huge difference over stock. The greatest upgrade I did was suspension. Re sprung the forks added heavier oil and a Penske shock setup for my weight and it feels like a completely different bike.

got race tech springs coming for front and rear gonna see how the spring do by themselves in the front leaving the emulator as a plan b.

14 hours ago, metsen duts said:

Been lurking around awhile before I bought my bike. Blue 2017 as my first Street bike been riding dirt for 15 or so years ran a couple hare scrambles that kinda stuff, and after putting bout 2k miles on my 07 I'm thinking it might be a little under powered. I've been thinking about slapping a yosh r77 full exhaust plus a tune, most likely from 2wdw.  

Looks like it will be about a grand. Just wondering if y'all think it will be worth it. I'm 6'1 215 lbs not sure if I'm over weight for the bike or just expecting too much from a budget bike

If it feels a little under powered you can add those mods but they will only provide a little more h.p. Maybe you're looking at it wrong, maybe you're expecting too much from "a twin." The engine is a gem from the factory, no matter the price. The critics rave about the engine. Personally, if I wanted a much more powerful bike I would make it easy on myself and just throw down the cash for an R6 or R1 and not worry about buku money spent. It's no good in the grave and life is short.

Beemer

Beemer has a point. There are plenty of power bikes that you can buy. There are not many that are actually nice to ride, in almost whatever way you want,  like this motor. Too many motors sacrifice useable torque curves for  high rpm horsepower.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I have often wondered what Yamaha would make of a new 900 twin (which they have done before with the TDM - I had one). Still lightweight and with 100bhp on tap, that would be nice. But I suppose the 850 MT-09 triple means it will never happen. Shame that.

Just do it! 

19 hours ago, metsen duts said:

got race tech springs coming for front and rear gonna see how the spring do by themselves in the front leaving the emulator as a plan b.

If you're going with stiffer springs in the front you may as well run some thicker fork oil also to help balance it out. I think I went with 15wt. It'll help take some of that pogo stick feel out of the front.

I stand to be corrected but I seem to remember that pattonme tested our forks and said the compression damping was way too high stock. Higher viscosity will increase the compression even more. If you fit the right springs they will then have more compression resistance from the spring AND the compression damping .  The rebound needs to have more resistance for the higher spring rate of course. Could end up being a bit harsh.

Hopefully pattonme or one of the other suspension tuners will chime in here and make some recommendations that may help.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

39 minutes ago, gregjet said:

Hopefully pattonme or one of the other suspension tuners will chime in here and make some recommendations that may help

Glad you asked

Jello, 3 packages or Lemon flavored jello with 1 half package of strwaberry.  In colder climate you want to find jalopenia flavoed fore the strawberry.  Mix with 13.33 OZ of wesson oil (Get the Non Sautrated) and 1 tables spoon each of vanilla extract.  (The extract reduces foaming due to the 24% alchohol) or drink it after eating two booritoos it balances the methane extract

Springs wont be needed as the jello is self rebounding (Watch a slo mo of boobies bounces you will get the science)

Hope it helps

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Archived