The MT-07 Forum

Denali mini sound bomb horn

firstyammerha

firstyammerha

Plugged one of these low tone horns on the bike this morning and it is as advertised-loud and car like. Installation was about ten minutes and most of that was spent orienting the horn so that it pointed down and bending the supplied metal mounting straps slightly forward in order for the horn to clear the coolant reservoir. Good $30 investment. 

• Premium Member

Good upgrade! Bike horns are pretty much useless. I picked up the Stebel Nautilus @ 135db. Love it.

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.          Fuss Life.

• Premium Member

I also have the Denali Mini sound bomb. So much better than stock meep meep horn.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

Any of you guys willing to post a pic of how you have the horn mounted? Was thinking of adding a louder horn but was having trouble finding room. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, tavisb said:

Any of you guys willing to post a pic of how you have the horn mounted? Was thinking of adding a louder horn but was having trouble finding room. 

It fit right where the OEM horn goes.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 4 weeks later...

If you can't afford the best stuff these aren't quite as loud but they are a big improvement over the stock, meep-meep's and they're only $9.99. ( I painted mine flat blk.) There are two horns, one has a higher tone than the other which is the one I used. My next horn will be a Denali Sound Bomb. I've heard them and they are a little louder than the cheap Harbor Freight's.

https://www.harborfreight.com/2-piece-12-volt-electric-horn-set-99911.html

Beemer

FZ07R WaNaB
26 minutes ago, Beemer said:

If you can't afford the best stuff these aren't quite as loud but they are a big improvement over the stock, meep-meep's and they're only $9.99. ( I painted mine flat blk.) There are two horns, one has a higher tone than the other which is the one I used. My next horn will be a Denali Sound Bomb. I've heard them and they are a little louder than the cheap Harbor Freight's.

I started out with the Harbor Freight horn, and tried the Denali MSB for the heck of it - afterall the HF is $10 and the Denali is $30. I immediately gave the HF to a buddy as the Denaili was seriously louder, not a little louder. It paid for itself when a person was cutting into my lane at around 35mph with in a Volvo SUV with the windows rolled up. One good hit of the Denali and they immediately swerved out of my lane.

Archived