The MT-07 Forum

Suzuki's New Naked 750

thestache

• Global Moderator

There is a lot of competition in the naked sport bike market. Without something special (like the FZ-07, FZ-09 or the Scrambler) it is hard not to just be another choice among many. I think forums are also great marketing. If I was undecided on the choice I know that a forum full of people that love the bike and are happy to answer any questions would play a big role in the decision. It will be interesting to see how the Suzuki is received in the North America market.

It will be interesting to see how the Suzuki is received in the North America market.
Naked bikes are, and were, big sellers in Europe. But here, in North America, it's another story. Seems that we, americans, are beginning to buy more of these nakes bikes. I would be very surprised that the GSX-S750 will know success over here. The spec sheet, the price and the look are not particularly convincing. Maybe we'll see a few GSX-S1000F. 

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• Global Moderator
I like it. think it looks good. why couldn't Yamaha put gold forks on ours? waahhhhh :(

Maybe I am the only one but I do not like the gold shocks. I far prefer the black.

• 5 months later...

A buddy of mine just got his gsx-s750 a couple of weeks ago and now he wishes he would've gotten the FZ-07 instead. I got to ride it around for a bit to try it out for myself and I must say... They tried to compare this bike to an FZ-09 but it doesn't even compare to an FZ-07. The s750 had very little low end torque compared to the 07. Its power is more near the 7k rpm range. And OMG is it heavy. It feels like you're on a liter bike trying to flick that thing left and right. Supposedly it has like 30 more hp over the FZ-07 but you don't notice it unless you're freeway riding on straights. And you really have to WOT that sucker to feel any excitement. Unlike the 07 where all the excitement is in the early rpm areas.

I feel bad that my buddy is going back to the dealership this weekend to do a trade in for an FZ-09. I did tell him the reviews on the s750 wasn't all that great.

• Global Moderator

I like a twin (or triple) over an inline four for exactly that reason. Having the torque available at a lower rpm is a lot more fun in the real world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
belleau1977

I love the look of both bikes but I need to wait till I get back from my short tour in Spain here in a few months before I put a deposit down. My five mile quick test ride of the FZ-07'wasnt long enough or fast enough since I barely got into fourth gear. GSX750 fits me better is the one thing it has over the FZ-07. Price could be cheaper though for a bike they put an ugly swingarm on. My wife likes the blue/white GSX though not that she'll be on the back since these bikes don't make for good passenger bikes with the tail being so small.

It may steal a few potential FZ 07 buyers ... It's rabbit ear mirrors are bigger.

Seriously, none of the critics are raving over this bike, it's just another thrown together ho-hum bike but I do like the yellow Ducati Scrambler Yamabob put up there. The price, though, ugggh!

Beemer

Archived