The MT-07 Forum

Suzuki's New Naked 750

thestache

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/suzuki/2015-suzuki-gsx-s750-gsx-s750z-preview.html

So we knew that with the success of the FZ09, and then the FZ07, Yamaha had to know that competition was coming. So as I look at both the 750 and the 1000 that Suzuki built I have to ask...did they really look at these and say, "Wow that looks cool". Now I know everyone has different tastes, but the 750 might be one of the butt ugliest bikes I have ever seen. 

I can't imagine being seen on either of their new bikes

I don't think it looks that bad.... Just dated. In fact, it reminds me of the Yamaha fz8. I think they just threw something together just to compete with the new "naked" street bike offerings. I do however really like the new gsx-s1000. That's a sexy looking bike.

http://www.cycleworld.com/2014/10/01/2015-suzuki-gsx-1000-sportbike-motorcycle-updates-and-review-at-intermot-2014/

• Premium Member

I agree, it doesn't have the same elegance and attention to detail that Yamaha put into the 07/09. It's not bad but at $8,000 I don't have any reason at all to give it a second thought before choosing the FZ-07.

Everything went braap.

• Global Moderator

I did not think it looked that bad. It obviously could do with a larger exhaust though :).

Damn to me I think I would rather have this then my FZ-07. I would hate to take the beating on my bike since I paid full everything on it but this does intrigue me(my previous bike was a gsxr750 that might be why).  Doing a quick search it should be more like the 900 performance.  

http://www.topspeed.com/motorcycles/motorcycle-reviews/suzuki/2014-suzuki-gsr750-ar163011.html

It's not terrible, but I'm not going to fawn over it. That exhaust is just darn immense though
I agree, not an awful bike but I can't stand that muffler. It looks like an after thought. 

Decent styling (reminds me of my 2007 SV-650).
To me, the muffler doesn't look any bigger than on a lot of other bikes with the muffler mounted in the traditional position.
Not a fan of twin-piston, slide-pin calipers on sport bikes, and I'd probably want more front brake.
Could stand to weigh about 30 pounds less.

Personally, I'd MUCH rather have a torquey, light-weight FZ07 versus a detuned Gixxer 750-based powerplant on the back roads I ride on, but that's just me.

• Premium Member
crazycracka501

The s750z pictured here: s750z reminds me an awful lot of my FZ-07.  Can you say "jealous much Suzuki?"  I see differences, but very slight.  Bring the exhaust placement back a little and the headlight housing plastics, voila you have an FZ-07.  Even the rear fender we're all replacing on our 07's are very similar to this thing.

Make it stop!....Now make it go faster!

The s750z pictured here: s750z reminds me an awful lot of my FZ-07.  Can you say "jealous much Suzuki?"  I see differences, but very slight.  Bring the exhaust placement back a little and the headlight housing plastics, voila you have an FZ-07.  Even the rear fender we're all replacing on our 07's are very similar to this thing.
HOLY CRAP...it's almost identical 
LOL, now that cracks me up

the only pics I saw were the blue and white ones. That bike looks pretty good, but the fact they basically made a bike almost identical to the FZ07.

This bike has been out in Europe since 2011 as the GSR750.
That's right, so it's nothing new, just new to the US.

scordiaboy515
This bike has been out in Europe since 2011 as the GSR750.
That's right, so it's nothing new, just new to the US.
thumbs down.......just a generic parts bin bike ::), over the years Yamaha has always been on the cutting edge of styling and performance...and the 07 is no exception. 

Suzuki seems very low profil since 2008. I hope that their future will be nicer. I wish that The recursion concept is the first step. Their naked 750 and 1000 seem very boring imo.

past bikes: WR250X, KLR650, V-Strom 1000, DR650, FZ-6, SV650S, Seca II, GS400S, Seca 750, YZ80.

• 1 month later...

I think its cool that Suzuki is at least entertaining the idea of a naked. Seems that for the longest while it was either a plastic wrapped bike or a cruiser. So koodo's for them bringing it out. I am not a fan of the "retuned, or detuned" 4cyl power plant. Been there did that on the Fz6 and while not "quite" as peaky as the R6 it still had to be spooled to make the power.
I prefer our twins for the street and the twisted canyon runs. Now I REALLY like the Ducati scrambler that is a sick retro looking bike, but my only complaint is a prefer liquid cooled engines. But I got to give the thumbs to both Yamaha with the Fz07 looking like a whole new modern naked, and to Duc for doing a new retro...the Suzuki looks more like a GSXR with the faring's removed ..nothing new or special.

I really like the GSX-S750 quite a bit. I'm a sucker for Naked bikes, pretty much all of em. But, there is no excitement around this bike. My forum listed below is dead as a door nail. Nobody wants to talk about it so Suzuki better do some creative marketing if they want to sell any of these. I'm trying to help them, without much success.

Seriously, I wonder how many FZ-07's we have sold for Yamaha?

• Premium Member

Probably enough that you should claim a royalties check. :D

Everything went braap.

Archived