The MT-07 Forum

Passenger pegs same size as front pegs?

Bigturbomax

Bigturbomax

Does anyone know if the front and rear pegs interchange? Id like to order a second set of rear pegs and install them in the front. 

• Global Moderator

I installed R3 pegs front and rear and they fit perfectly.  I cannot remember if they were the same though, but I think I had to order different part numbers. 

The passenger peg has a hole for a small metal ball which helps lock it in place either in the open or closed position. So the front pegs will not work in the back. Whether the rear peg will work in the front should be easy for you to test before placing an order. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to remove front and rear pegs on one side and try it.

• Global Moderator

Oh yeah, I forgot about chasing that little ball around the garage floor.  Be careful when you remove the rear pegs as the ball and spring will fall out.  

Bigturbomax
5 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about chasing that little ball around the garage floor.  Be careful when you remove the rear pegs as the ball and spring will fall out.  

Very good advice. Thanks!

• Premium Member

the rear pegs do fit the front, I've done it and ridden with the passenger peg on the front, don't forget to get cotter pins for when you install the new 1's.

Archived