The MT-07 Forum

Auto Blipper for Throttle by Cable?

blackout

• Premium Member

Has this been done?  I found a company in the UK that claims to offer a kit.  It seems one negative would be that you would have to let the throttle move within your hand when the solenoid blips the throttle.

Yes, I can't rev match worth a damn....  Lol

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

AlbatrossCafe

This seems like 10000x more trouble/risk/money than it is worth. You would have to have some kind of actuator that pulls the cable for you. Seems VERY odd. Sure, anything is possible with enough money, but if this is something you really need, I feel you either need to just practice or get a new ride-by-wire bike.

Why Blip?

1. to prevent/minimize engine braking on downshift
  2. to prevent/minimize engine braking during initial apex entry at lean angle
  3. to allow gearbox to maintain constant mesh while reducing speed

I am not sure, but for me it is or must be muscle memory, I do not pay much attention to the mechanics.  Maybe a slipper would be a better application for you.  I would be very skeptical of any product that actuates anything that takes control of my bikes components.  Like Cruise control in my car, man, they never told me NOT to take a nap when I turned it on.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I worked with race cars that did these; it is fairly commonly done when they are running sequential dogboxes. They would use a pneumatic actuator to "kick" the throttle quadrant with varying levels of accuracy. It can absolutely be done, but it can also be an absolute nightmare. Rev-matching is only worthwhile when it is close, otherwise it is as bad or worse than when omitted. There have been some very good tidbits on here about how to manually do it smoothly, and that has helped me a lot. Namely, focus on keeping your right hand's "C" shape constant underbraking and rotate it (allowing the fingers to slide on the brake lever) so I'd exhaust those resources first before committing to an additional gadget

• Premium Member

O.K., maybe not one of my better ideas.  LOL   I'll practice more.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member

not really... Yoyodyne(?) makes a slipper clutch for the FZ-07 for like $800 

might be able to retrofit a slip/assit clutch from another CP2 motor set- we have done this with the FZ/FJ-09 by using the slip/assit from the XSR900 bikes

Woolich Racing has a nice little race kit for the bikes 😎

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

+1 on a slipper clutch instead.

With a return cable on the throttle, you really would have to let go of the throttle right as you clicked the lever down and then grab it again immediately - can't imagine this going well.

Have a buddy with a C7 Corvette (damn, what a freeking nice car) . It auto-blips the throttle with downshifts. It's really cool, but still takes some getting used to coordinate the shift with what the computer wants to do. Shift too slow and it doesn't go that well. The one time I drove the beast, i got it wrong a bunch.

1 hour ago, rick said:

+1 on a slipper clutch instead.

With a return cable on the throttle, you really would have to let go of the throttle right as you clicked the lever down and then grab it again immediately - can't imagine this going well.

Have a buddy with a C7 Corvette (damn, what a freeking nice car) . It auto-blips the throttle with downshifts. It's really cool, but still takes some getting used to coordinate the shift with what the computer wants to do. Shift too slow and it doesn't go that well. The one time I drove the beast, i got it wrong a bunch.

Dont notice it in the scudara at all :)

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Next thing you know they'll come out with a device that pushes your fat ass over the side of the seat for you in tight turns. 😂

Beemer

Hah, who's fat ass are you referring to?

Speaking of askew body parts - the old R-bikes had footpegs that were equidistant to the cylinder in front of them. As the cylinders were offset front to back by the same distance that the crank arms were offset, one foot was always further forward than the other. After riding 2 of those old R-heads over 2 decades, it took a long time to get used to having my feet in the same plane when the offset was gone.

That was probably responsible for why to this day some 20 years later, I prefer right turns to left .

firstyammerha

I swapped to the R6 throttle in order to cure my rev matching affliction. Works just fine. I had the muscle memory but there's just too much twist to the stock throttle drum to make rev matching work easily.  

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, firstyammerha said:

I swapped to the R6 throttle in order to cure my rev matching affliction. Works just fine. I had the muscle memory but there's just too much twist to the stock throttle drum to make rev matching work easily.  

That makes sense.  I'm still with the stock tube.  Maybe that will help me.

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

1 hour ago, firstyammerha said:

I 100% disagree

That is all

On 5/23/2018 at 9:14 AM, rick said:

Hah, who's fat ass are you referring to?

Speaking of askew body parts - the old R-bikes had footpegs that were equidistant to the cylinder in front of them. As the cylinders were offset front to back by the same distance that the crank arms were offset, one foot was always further forward than the other. After riding 2 of those old R-heads over 2 decades, it took a long time to get used to having my feet in the same plane when the offset was gone.

That was probably responsible for why to this day some 20 years later, I prefer right turns to left .

Ha! You best trade that ass in for a new one. One that doesn't have a guilty conscience. Hee, hee! 🤩

Beemer

2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Ha! You best trade that ass in for a new one. One that doesn't have a guilty conscience. Hee, hee! 🤩

I'm afraid at this point, there's not much trade-in value for mine

16 minutes ago, rick said:

I'm afraid at this point, there's not much trade-in value for mine

LOL, I hear ya! Mine neither. Even on the black market if I threw in a rhino horn or elephant tusks I would still only get a forty sumtin ass in trade. It's seems hopeless.

Beemer

• 2 months later...

Archived