The MT-07 Forum

New 2017 FZ-07 ABS

Randucci

Hi all, just got a leftover 2017 FZ-07 ABS and am looking to have some fun. I recently retired and it was time to put in some more time riding, it has been awhile. I didn't want a big cruiser or a Sport bike, but the FZ seemed to fit my needs. Going in next week to get a ECU flash from 2WDW as they are local to me and I can ride there and they will do it while I wait!

I have a question, the Salesman at the dealership said the tires can be slippery (slick) for the first 100mi or so, so be careful. Is this specific to the Bridgestones that came on it or new motorcycle tires in general?

Thanks,

Tim

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

• Premium Member

That's true for any new tires.  Unless you're going to be riding aggressively you should be fine. Congrats BTW! 

Getting the ECU flash is a great first mod.

Pictures or it didn't happen.  😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator

Any new tires will be a bit slick for a while.  When they do not look shiny any more you should be fine, it does not take long.  Were in WA are you?  I am up in Bellingham. 

3 hours ago, mjh937 said:

Any new tires will be a bit slick for a while.  When they do not look shiny any more you should be fine, it does not take long.  Were in WA are you?  I am up in Bellingham. 

I'm in the Issaquah area.

2017 FZ-07 ABS.

Archived