Jump to content
aiian

Average turn around time?

Recommended Posts

aiian

How long does it typically take for you guys to do the flash?

 

What kind of shipping do you use?

 

I'm trying to time the mail in process so my bike is down while I’m on vacation but it doesn’t help that you’re about as far away as possible from South Florida. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan
Posted (edited)

Average turn around is usually same or next day, once they receive your ECU in my experience. They return ship via 2 day express USPS.

 

P.S. I'm in Tampa Bay FL and they received my ECU on a Friday and they had it back in the mail over the weekend. It was only the USPS that didn't start heading it back to me until Monday so I had it back on Wednesday.

Edited by DewMan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

I just tested 3 out of 5 times I was able to turn aroun in 1.2 seconds the other two I fell down

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

downtime is based on your shipping choices... AFAIK 2wdw turn around is dame day 98% of the time... seems like the local post office drops off the ECU first as 1st stop then swings by near the end of the day..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djfz07

I'm in NJ and used standard USPS priority mail.  Sent my ECU twice out to them Monday morning and had it back on Friday the same week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer
On 5/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, r1limited said:

I just tested 3 out of 5 times I was able to turn aroun in 1.2 seconds the other two I fell down

Drink more Jack Daniels so that way you will be sure to fall down 5 out of 5 times. 😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety

Just out-of-curiosity, I'd like to hear if anyone from Canada (Québec) as done it? How many days it took and have you had any issues with borders?

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
4 minutes ago, safety said:

Just out-of-curiosity, I'd like to hear if anyone from Canada (Québec) as done it? How many days it took and have you had any issues with borders?

 

Cheers,

Got any friends across the border? Be a lot faster and probably less $$ to ride down and install it and ride back. 

Have you tried emailing @2wheeldynoworks ? They can tell you how fast and how much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2wheeldynoworks

We flash all ECUs the same day we receive them at the shop! We always use USPS Priority Mail, as they are the fastest, most reliable and cost effective option. All return shipping within the US (even Hawaii and Alaska) is free of charge when we first flash your ECU. All free reflashing is only $10 to cover shipping expenses for any future modifications you may do to the bike that would require reflashing. 

 

When shipping across the northern border, we are completely at the mercy of Canadian Customs. Return shipping to Canada is $45 via USPS Express Mail. You will also be subject to any associated customs fees. Usually ECUs are returned within a week once we flash them and shipped back to Canada.

 

We have shipped ECUs as far as Brunei (Google it, we definitely had to!) without any issues. For any more specific questions about turn around time and shipping, please call us at (425)269-5332 or email us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thedriver1

Just to throw in my experience, my ECU has gone from FL to WA twice and Nels has gotten it back within 7 days of leaving my door both times.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety
2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Got any friends across the border? Be a lot faster and probably less $$ to ride down and install it and ride back. 

Have you tried emailing @2wheeldynoworks ? They can tell you how fast and how much. 

True, that could be an option! So who wants a Canadian friend? 😝

1 hour ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

We flash all ECUs the same day we receive them at the shop! We always use USPS Priority Mail, as they are the fastest, most reliable and cost effective option. All return shipping within the US (even Hawaii and Alaska) is free of charge when we first flash your ECU. All free reflashing is only $10 to cover shipping expenses for any future modifications you may do to the bike that would require reflashing. 

 

When shipping across the northern border, we are completely at the mercy of Canadian Customs. Return shipping to Canada is $45 via USPS Express Mail. You will also be subject to any associated customs fees. Usually ECUs are returned within a week once we flash them and shipped back to Canada.

 

We have shipped ECUs as far as Brunei (Google it, we definitely had to!) without any issues. For any more specific questions about turn around time and shipping, please call us at (425)269-5332 or email us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com. 

Thanks for having taken the time to do this well detailed follow-up as I can understand it is high season for you guys and the shop must be pretty buzy.  

 

Cheers,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.