The MT-07 Forum

Average turn around time?

aiian

How long does it typically take for you guys to do the flash?

What kind of shipping do you use?

I'm trying to time the mail in process so my bike is down while I’m on vacation but it doesn’t help that you’re about as far away as possible from South Florida. 

• Premium Member

Average turn around is usually same or next day, once they receive your ECU in my experience. They return ship via 2 day express USPS.

P.S. I'm in Tampa Bay FL and they received my ECU on a Friday and they had it back in the mail over the weekend. It was only the USPS that didn't start heading it back to me until Monday so I had it back on Wednesday.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

I just tested 3 out of 5 times I was able to turn aroun in 1.2 seconds the other two I fell down

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

downtime is based on your shipping choices... AFAIK 2wdw turn around is dame day 98% of the time... seems like the local post office drops off the ECU first as 1st stop then swings by near the end of the day..

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I'm in NJ and used standard USPS priority mail.  Sent my ECU twice out to them Monday morning and had it back on Friday the same week

On 5/15/2018 at 4:56 PM, r1limited said:

I just tested 3 out of 5 times I was able to turn aroun in 1.2 seconds the other two I fell down

Drink more Jack Daniels so that way you will be sure to fall down 5 out of 5 times. 😜

Beemer

• 3 weeks later...

Just out-of-curiosity, I'd like to hear if anyone from Canada (Québec) as done it? How many days it took and have you had any issues with borders?

Cheers,

4 minutes ago, safety said:

Just out-of-curiosity, I'd like to hear if anyone from Canada (Québec) as done it? How many days it took and have you had any issues with borders?

Cheers,

Got any friends across the border? Be a lot faster and probably less $$ to ride down and install it and ride back. 

Have you tried emailing @2wheeldynoworks ? They can tell you how fast and how much. 

2wheeldynoworks

We flash all ECUs the same day we receive them at the shop! We always use USPS Priority Mail, as they are the fastest, most reliable and cost effective option. All return shipping within the US (even Hawaii and Alaska) is free of charge when we first flash your ECU. All free reflashing is only $10 to cover shipping expenses for any future modifications you may do to the bike that would require reflashing. 

When shipping across the northern border, we are completely at the mercy of Canadian Customs. Return shipping to Canada is $45 via USPS Express Mail. You will also be subject to any associated customs fees. Usually ECUs are returned within a week once we flash them and shipped back to Canada.

We have shipped ECUs as far as Brunei (Google it, we definitely had to!) without any issues. For any more specific questions about turn around time and shipping, please call us at (425)269-5332 or email us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com. 

thedriver1

Just to throw in my experience, my ECU has gone from FL to WA twice and Nels has gotten it back within 7 days of leaving my door both times.

2 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Got any friends across the border? Be a lot faster and probably less $$ to ride down and install it and ride back. 

Have you tried emailing @2wheeldynoworks ? They can tell you how fast and how much. 

True, that could be an option! So who wants a Canadian friend? 😝

1 hour ago, 2wheeldynoworks said:

We flash all ECUs the same day we receive them at the shop! We always use USPS Priority Mail, as they are the fastest, most reliable and cost effective option. All return shipping within the US (even Hawaii and Alaska) is free of charge when we first flash your ECU. All free reflashing is only $10 to cover shipping expenses for any future modifications you may do to the bike that would require reflashing. 

When shipping across the northern border, we are completely at the mercy of Canadian Customs. Return shipping to Canada is $45 via USPS Express Mail. You will also be subject to any associated customs fees. Usually ECUs are returned within a week once we flash them and shipped back to Canada.

We have shipped ECUs as far as Brunei (Google it, we definitely had to!) without any issues. For any more specific questions about turn around time and shipping, please call us at (425)269-5332 or email us at 2wheeldynoworks@gmail.com. 

Thanks for having taken the time to do this well detailed follow-up as I can understand it is high season for you guys and the shop must be pretty buzy.  

Cheers,

Archived