The MT-07 Forum

Bohn Armor

Beemer

I've bought Bohn armor in the past to wear under clothes and feel like they will provide good, initial, impact protection and slide protection but the black, nylon shirt is still too hot to wear under even a layer of clothes that breathes well. It would probably work just fine in mild temperatures, like in and around Cali. but not here in Fl. so I decided to order some Bohn armor that you can wear alone and it's only made with one layer of fabric, unlike most mesh jackets with an outer mesh and an soft, sticky, inner mesh liner that has the pockets sewn into it for the removable armor. With this shirt the pockets are sewn into the one layer so I'm crossing my finger (edit: I only have one finger) it will be cool enough to wear during July & Aug, the hottest months of the year here or else I just take my chances wearing a t-shirt. I'll give a review of it later after I've used it awhile.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001THL8OK/ref=psdc_3271252011_t4_B007JCFUP2

Beemer

• Premium Member

I look forward to seeing what you think.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:42 AM, Redstang4 said:

beemer.jpg.986329cba06304b8ab8f335a9cfc6cd1.jpg

Sure you didnt buy it back in 2015??  Lol

Ha, ha! Ok, you got me, I'm Bruce Wayne. I am the BatMan! 😘

Beemer

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Beemer said:

Ha, ha! Ok, you got me, I'm Bruce Wayne. I am the BatMan! 😘

Umm hey Bruce.... can I hit you up for a umm err "grant money" ?  I need to study what it's like to be debt free. 😁

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

18 hours ago, DewMan said:

Umm hey Bruce.... can I hit you up for a umm err "grant money" ?  I need to study what it's like to be debt free. 😁

Robin is always nagging me like some little b*tch for a raise so there will be a job opening soon. Get in line and name your price.

robin getting slapped by batman and super friends.jpg

Beemer

I took a quick spin on the bike before the showers started and my bike's temp. ga. read 91. so it was probably more like 89/90 but I didn't overheat wearing the Bohn Armor, Airtex shirt. The material is a little grippy but it has to be so that the armor stays in place if you go down. It breathes well so you don't have to wear anything underneath it and I found that the back of the shirt didn't ride up my back at highway speeds like some shirts do unless they're tucked inside your pants. I didn't ride with the back armor in the pocket because it just looks ugly and will make your backside sweat too much. It feels like it's about half the weight of your typical mesh jacket with armor so it doesn't feel nearly as cumbersome. I honestly don't think it's going to make a person feel any cooler on the hottest days in hot states, like with heavier mesh jackets, if you're moving it's alright but once you get caught at a light or in traffic with the sun bearing down on you and no air movement you'll get hot even in your birthday suit.

To sum it up, I doubt that for the hottest days you will find a lighter, more comfortable shirt/jacket that offers the level of protection it offers. If you do order one order one at least one size up, they tend to fit a little tight if your regular size. I recently lost some weight and can fit into a large t-shirt again and my XL Airtex shirt fits about perfect. Still, I personally don't like the feeling of how it grips in certain places (around my arms/armpits) but it's not terribly tight or bad feeling, I'm just not used to it. I like loose clothing. If you don't like it you can always return it. Here's a short clip to give an idea of how it looks. you can see how it grips my forearms.

https://youtu.be/TDUQTbCUHcI

Beemer

Archived