The MT-07 Forum

headphones, who wears them?

nmucat

• Premium Member

I used for about 1.5 years a set of lg bluetooth headphones THESE. I have paired them with 2 different phones and my Ipad. Sound quality is ok (not exceptional), but and I can make phone call with them if I use the voice recognition settings on my phone. Now I have a full fledged GPS app on my phone (Garmin Viago) so I use them to get in-ear direction from the gps and listen to music while I ride. They fit well, even under the helmet, and stay on easily (they are designed for working out). Battery life on them is fairly long.
Marco

Physics Prof. Be aware :o:)

I got the sena smh10r a few weeks ago. I have not used it with any other riders paired yet. I have used it for music, gps, and phone calls. I havnt messed with the voice control stuff either. But the music sounds great and I can hear it clearly even at highway speeds. Phone quality is fantastic. Not one person could tell I was talking to them while riding. Over 70mph they can start to hear wind. 60 or under is good to go. The fm radio on the higher up model would have been a nice option.

• 2 weeks later...

I also recommend the Sena Smh10 ....Its plenty loud for music, you can link it to phone answer calls or text messages (just speak with short sentences or who knows how it will come out LOL ) It is also AWSOME when paired to other riders so no more goofy hand signs for food, restroom, or stuff in road...just speak. One of the best pieces of riding equipment I have bought.  $$ well spent 

AC

• 4 weeks later...

I grabbed a pair of Sena SMH10R about a month ago and they work great. My wife and I use them when we ride around (practicing for her moto license), and on 2-up rides. It's pretty sweet that we can share music from 1 device, and make phone calls when necessary. I mostly use mine for music on my daily commute. I'm surprised at how well I can hear them at freeway speeds and having made a few calls at that speed, the people on the other end had no idea I was on a motorcycle. I like how small the communicator is.

Sena SMH5 is excellent. But not if you're an audiophile. I just keep the volume decently low and forget about it on the highway.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

Sena SMH5 is excellent. But not if you're an audiophile. I just keep the volume decently low and forget about it on the highway.

'15 FZ-07
'93 Honda XR650L (supermoto/pig) (SOLD)

• 2 weeks later...

I wear skull candy ink ear buds when I ride. I put the smallest bud that came in the pack and haven't had any issues with them falling out. I have had issues with the buds falling off when I pull them out of my ears though.

I've been wearing earplugs for decades and hope some day I don't have to have the conversation with some officer - "honest, officer, it's actually safer not being fatigued by the wind noise. But I suspect that earbuds, even if turned off, are as illegal in a whole bunch of states as they are in PA - even while driving the cage. Just sayin'. At least run the wires up thru a jacket so they can't be seen.

Archived