Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
pattonme

Bitubo JBH dissected, ridden and rated

pattonme

I'd guess $70'ish. It's not materials but rather Lathe time that's the expensive component. The tap alone is $40 but that'll amortize out over a few kits.

topazsparrow
30 minutes ago, pattonme said:

I'd guess $70'ish. It's not materials but rather Lathe time that's the expensive component. The tap alone is $40 but that'll amortize out over a few kits.

Sounds pretty reasonable considering the overall cost already invested. I imagine shipping would be cheap given the size of the components as well.

pattonme
1 hour ago, topazsparrow said:

Sounds pretty reasonable considering the overall cost already invested. I imagine shipping would be cheap given the size of the components as well.

somewhere between $7-15 depending if just the small parts or the tubes are involved.

poida

Nice work on the dissection and write up. 

I've got the JBH on my MT-07 so I'll be interested in trying out your kit when it's all finalized.

Mr.Puss

Last season I bought these jbh cartridges and the XZE11 rear to replace stock but still haven had time to get them installed.

Are they dangerous? People seemed to like them before, whats the deal??   Im not riding the track, just casual street. Doesnt sound good what Im reading here.

bellissimoto
13 hours ago, Mr.Puss said:

Last season I bought these jbh cartridges and the XZE11 rear to replace stock but still haven had time to get them installed.

Are they dangerous? People seemed to like them before, whats the deal??   Im not riding the track, just casual street. Doesnt sound good what Im reading here.

I agree.  Out of the 25 sets I've sold, only 2 have had an issue (that I know of anyway).  The first one was the gentleman received incorrect spring rates for his weight (we fixed that issue and customer loved them afterward), and the other set had a legit issue with the way the fork caps were assembled.  The components were fine, but after they were assembled correctly, all was good.

So if there are now issues arising, please let me know.  I CAN say that I've been selling a ton of these to the R3 crowd as well, and they rave about them.  I recently switched to Bitubo for my R3 racebike, and immediately went 2 seconds faster.

So again, my experience with Bitubo has been stellar, if your's hasn't been, I need to know about it so I can bring it to Bitubo's attention.

Thanks everyone.

:)

- Paul

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

pattonme

just ordered the pop-off shims, springs, and tophats from Racetech. $10/per leg.