The MT-07 Forum

R6 thottle tube

Dharma

22 minutes ago, stickshift said:

All of the motion pros have less throw than the OEM R6 replacement.

I found out the hard way, I should have bought the genuine R6 replacement.

46 minutes ago, FZ not MT said:

Hi, do yourself a big favor and just get the factory Yamaha OEM R6 tube. The part number is higher up in this thread. Don't worry about the other grip right away as the grip that comes on the R6 tube looks very similar to yours. Do the other grip over the winter or on a rainy couple of days - no rush. Just remember to not only loosen the adjuster at the throttle assembly, but also loosen the two adjusters at the throttle body. This will make the install super easy. Tighten everything up, and be amazed how a $25 tweak can make such a difference.

Damn. I was hoping the $11 Motion Pro was going to be as good as the $50 OEM...I am in Canada and have very limited availability of parts.

As for the grips I have the heated Yamaha grips so I need to be able to carefully remove it and not destroy it so I can re-use it. 

• Global Moderator
38 minutes ago, seven said:

Damn. I was hoping the $11 Motion Pro was going to be as good as the $50 OEM...I am in Canada and have very limited availability of parts.

As for the grips I have the heated Yamaha grips so I need to be able to carefully remove it and not destroy it so I can re-use it. 

I also had the Yamaha heated grips and had to remove them from the stock tube when I upgraded.  It can be done and was actually not as hard as I had expected, although it still took a bit of doing and lots of heat from a hairdryer to loosen the glue. 

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, seven said:

You need to find a different parts supplier if the OEM R6 throttle tube is costing you $50, unless that includes the installation as well.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

9 hours ago, DewMan said:

You need to find a different parts supplier if the OEM R6 throttle tube is costing you $50, unless that includes the installation as well.

Believe me I have been Googling it. Most places that have good prices are out of the US and the shipping makes it the same or more expensive. I miss the days of being able to order parts to a nearby US border town with free, zip across the border, grab my parts and be done with it. Soon I hope the borders open up again.

4 hours ago, seven said:

Believe me I have been Googling it. Most places that have good prices are out of the US and the shipping makes it the same or more expensive. I miss the days of being able to order parts to a nearby US border town with free, zip across the border, grab my parts and be done with it. Soon I hope the borders open up again.

Gotta say... unless you are tight for cash, and while it will totally suck to pay $50 for that throttle (considering the US price), it's worth every bit. It's a seriously good upgrade, and if I didn't know what it cost in the US, I would not complain that it was a waste of money at $50.

Edited by FZ not MT

I think I am actually going to order both the Yamaha and the Motion Pro. I just called Motion Pro and they claim that the 01-1303 tube is supposed to be the same as the OE throttle tube. For $11 I will order it and see what it is like and possibly use it to grind my own taper on it and make my own taper for better off idle sensitivity and then ramp up to quick throttle goodness. If I bugger the Motion Pro tube up, it won't hurt as bad. LOL. I will give it a try as-is first though...maybe I will like it.

• 2 months later...

I too went back to stock, the r6 throttle tube was crazy twitchy for me for everyday riding. I read a lot about pro motion. Is it different from a street perspective? I’m not looking for that twitchy response and I’m not a full WOT all the time. 

• Premium Member
On 10/19/2021 at 9:09 AM, PMT-07 said:

I too went back to stock, the r6 throttle tube was crazy twitchy for me for everyday riding. I read a lot about pro motion. Is it different from a street perspective? I’m not looking for that twitchy response and I’m not a full WOT all the time. 

if the r6 was twitchy for you, you should just stick with the stock tube IMO. I'm guessing you've not had a 2WDW tune done on yours? I would not have gone to an R6 without the tune smoothing out the throttle response.

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

4 minutes ago, DewMan said:

if the r6 was twitchy for you, you should just stick with the stock tube IMO. I'm guessing you've not had a 2WDW tune done on yours? I would not have gone to an R6 without the tune smoothing out the throttle response.

I actually just bought the bike, and it had it installed. The 2WDW tune is next on my list. Plus this is my first bike and that thing has made my experience terrible in the beginning lol

• Premium Member
Just now, PMT-07 said:

I actually just bought the bike, and it had it installed. The 2WDW tune is next on my list. Plus this is my first bike and that thing has made my experience terrible in the beginning lol

Then hang on to the R6 tube until after you've gotten the Tune done then you'll be a happy camper if my experience is any indicater. 👍

• Like 1

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

So I actualy did it with some mods on throttle body and it is working for 1000 kilometars and few months for now. Maybe in future Ill disasembly complete throttle body to ger rid of those zipties

• Like 1