The MT-07 Forum

Bye MT-07. Can I still hang with you?

faffi

Our youngest son have finally made up his mind and will take over the MT-07 from me. Since he still lives at home, the bike will continue to live in my shed. 

I think this is a good solution; he actually rides with far less vigor on the 07 than on his previous bike, a CB400 SuperFour, and is now more relaxed - he used to hate it when I rode gently, now he enjoys it. The odd brisk acceleration, at best in a tunnel, gives the sensational satisfaction he needs. Good for safety, good for peace of mind - for both of us.

Although I only had the bike for a year or so, I am happy I bought it, and happy to see it gone. It's a thrilling bike with a stupendously nice engine. So grateful I've had the pleasure to feel the power from it, how it's delivered and how it sounds. And the way it handles. And stops. Very nice bike. It performs far better than my Virago-based scrambler in most ways. But its looks isn't much to rave about. And, most importantly, it cannot begin the satisfaction I get from riding and owning the old and abused scrambler. Simply put, I enjoy the Virago-creature more. Far more. There are no rational explanations for it, nor do I need one. I have found my bike. That is something I have thought a number of times before, but the love has died, sooner or later. With my XV from 1982, however, the relationship is growing stronger each ride. It will stay for a long, long time.

Yet I hope you don't mind me staying on this forum as I have come to really enjoy it here as well as the members 😎

OK by me as long as your not talking Kawaski, ia m good

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

I hope you will stay, and contribute as before. Enjoy your bike.

(For me, the MT even after 3 years of use remains THE bike for me - looks an' all, despite its foibles). 

Just do it! 

You've been a good mate so you've been spared the walk of shame on the plank today. Besides, it wouldn't be the same around here without you.

Beemer

As you are related to an 07 owner, and are old enough, you can be an "associate" member. Like the Ulysses club.

PS you are gonna miss it you know...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

he still qualified as an MT-07 owner as the bike is stored in his shed... I do know he will "sneak" a ride or two... I enjoy his postings...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member

You'll always be welcome here @faffi. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member

you can always take my FZ-07 for a ride if you're ever in Los Angeles. :)

Plus, you'll be joining the ranks of those people who ride it after a hiatus and say "man, that is a fun bike!"

You'll always be welcome here, @faffi.  You're one of a handful of people that I try to read all of their posts.  I would miss your opinions and advice.  Thanks for sticking around.

It's awesome that you and your son ride together.  Be very grateful for that time.

• Premium Member
bornagainbiker
2 hours ago, rider said:

You'll always be welcome here, @faffi.  You're one of a handful of people that I try to read all of their posts.  I would miss your opinions and advice.  Thanks for sticking around.

It's awesome that you and your son ride together.  Be very grateful for that time.

I second this ^^^

Give Respect To Get Respect   https://jeff-galbraith.pixels.com/

What just a minute here

If you abandon your MT/FZ your worse than a ... A... Uh ... Well its wrong, just wrong, you should be publicly shamed and forced to wear a scarlet letter for a month no wait like 30 days.

I mean this is like a religious cult here and when you leave the flock you become .. become, ... well you smell bad

I say we all turn our keyboards upside down when @faffi trys to post something

Of course all this can be overlooked by a small donation substantial brib to payupsucka@paydog.dog

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

12 hours ago, r1limited said:

What just a minute here

If you abandon your MT/FZ your worse than a ... A... Uh ... Well its wrong, just wrong, you should be publicly shamed and forced to wear a scarlet letter for a month no wait like 30 days.

I mean this is like a religious cult here and when you leave the flock you become .. become, ... well you smell bad

I say we all turn our keyboards upside down when @faffi trys to post something

Of course all this can be overlooked by a small donation substantial brib to payupsucka@paydog.dog

You just want to try out your new whip.

rose whip.jpg

Beemer

" I say we all turn our keyboards upside down when @faffi trys to post something"

I tried it, made posting very difficult...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived