Jump to content
Hellbound

New Rider hit By Drunk Driver

Recommended Posts

Hellbound

Title Says it all.  Driving home last night from work and got side swiped by a drunk driver doing 80 mph.  Lucky only damage was a foot peg, saddle bag, and one of the locators on the side of the rear axle.  Bike never went down due to not panicking and remaining looses and not turn into the vehicle. (thank god for the MSF class I took)

 

Little road rash on the leg is the worst of it.

 

Watch your six even if your moving faster then traffic.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benh972

Wow, glad that did not go worse. A friend's Dad got hit by a drunk driver while he was on his Harley. He lost a leg, he got paid enough he bought used cars for each of his 4 children, but I am sure he would rather have his limb.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cruizin
15 minutes ago, Hellbound said:

Title Says it all.  Driving home last night from work and got side swiped by a drunk driver doing 80 mph.  Lucky only damage was a foot peg, saddle bag, and one of the locators on the side of the rear axle.  Bike never went down due to not panicking and remaining looses and not turn into the vehicle. (thank god for the MSF class I took)

 

Little road rash on the leg is the worst of it.

 

Watch your six even if your moving faster then traffic.

Damn, you are very lucky to be alive and typing. Thanks for letting us know that you are ok. Good job surviving that! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

Ya certainly glad you are OK, is the drunk in jail?  Do yourself a favor man and make sure this MF'r stays in jail, prosecute the POS to the fullest degree available to you.


“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbound

Got away without being able to see his plates.  My first thought after the hit was protecting myself and making sure I didn't have anything hanging down from the bike that could cause me to lockup while cornering or even coming to a stop.  He got away. Couldn't catch the plate number.  

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Benh972

He fled! Wow, what a p.o.s

Edited by Benh972
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited
3 hours ago, Hellbound said:

He got away

Hit and Run, F**KER Needs to have there genitals removed with a fish hook


“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellbound
4 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Hit and Run, F**KER Needs to have there genitals removed with a fish hook

Agree- Been leaning towards getting a gopro mounted for just those instances of hit and run.  I got lucky, next time maybe not........  I never went into this 10 feet and bullet proof but Im going to get back on when my parts come in and have the bike looked over incase I need to have something else replaced.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer
14 hours ago, Hellbound said:

Agree- Been leaning towards getting a gopro mounted for just those instances of hit and run.  I got lucky, next time maybe not........  I never went into this 10 feet and bullet proof but Im going to get back on when my parts come in and have the bike looked over incase I need to have something else replaced.  

This is just an example but you don't have to spend a lot on a video camera if you don't want to or can't afford to. I recommend a chin mount so that you can record whatever you look at. (E.G. license plate) Glad you're alright. Stay frosty!

 

https://www.amazon.com/Campark-Waterproof-Wide-Angle-Rechargeable-Accessories/dp/B01MXXP4EC/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1526131855&sr=1-5&keywords=gopro

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DewMan
4 hours ago, Beemer said:

This is just an example but you don't have to spend a lot on a video camera if you don't want to or can't afford to. I recommend a chin mount so that you can record whatever you look at. (E.G. license plate) Glad you're alright. Stay frosty!

 

https://www.amazon.com/Campark-Waterproof-Wide-Angle-Rechargeable-Accessories/dp/B01MXXP4EC/ref=sr_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1526131855&sr=1-5&keywords=gopro

@Benh972, I've had good luck with this Cam which the only negative I've noticed so far is the lack of image stabilization. But considering the accessories it come with, including remote & case to hold all the accessories that come with it, it's a very nice value for a recently reduced cost of USD$46.

 

The one @Beemer listed has a higher MPixel rating though and appears to be an upgraded version of the one I have. I just thought I'd give you another option.

  • Like 2

DewMan
 
Just shut up and ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mr.Puss

Damn, you're one lucky SOB, another inch or two and who knows.  Glad to hear you kept your cool and stayed upright...and of course are alive with all limbs intact. 👍👍 

 

I have the Sena 10c. Really nice little unit, great camera, bluetooth music and comms, charge while riding, etc etc. A bit pricey as far as camera systems go but all the extras are worth the price tag IMO. Im always watching my 6 but still Ive considered adding a rear facing camera for those f*cking texting/newspaper reading/cereal eaters. 

 

Stay safe! 8/9 lives left.

  • Like 2

Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.