The MT-07 Forum

These outsell the MT07

faffi

In Germany, more people currently buy SV650s and Z650s than MT07s, which is new; the MT07 have long been the distant 2nd best selling bike in that country.

7 hours ago, faffi said:

In Germany, more people currently buy SV650s and Z650s than MT07s, which is new; the MT07 have long been the distant 2nd best selling bike in that country.

IDK, just off the top of my head, maybe most people there think that the bugs have been worked out of the Suzuki's already and feel the engine in that bike has proven it's reliability/performance over the years more than the MT-07 has???

Beemer

I liked the Kwak Z650 when I borrowed one. It does not have the punch of the MT but it is smooth, comfortable and has a decent riding position (for me). To me, it looks good too. If I was forced to have one I would be happy. But I will of course stick with the MT. I remember a survey that showed that as favoured manufacturers names, Suzuki was ahead of Yamaha (all helps I suppose).

Just do it! 

6 hours ago, Beemer said:

IDK, just off the top of my head, maybe most people there think that the bugs have been worked out of the Suzuki's already and feel the engine in that bike has proven it's reliability/performance over the years more than the MT-07 has???

If so, why was the MT07 the best selling bike after the R1200GS since it appeared until fairly recently? And the long term tests have proved the Yamaha to be bomb proof. So I reckon it must have to do with looks. Or maybe price - Suzuki is a little cheaper, Kawa the same, but there may be special deals going on for all I know.

• Premium Member
norcal616

YAMA- was never known for its "looks" but rather is class leading power and bomb-proofness and "neutral balanced feeling" in corners

KAWI- all about looking fast- majority of bikes in the used side of dealership is full of ugly green bikes

SUKI- I know them for automotive rather than motorsports

KTM- race ready/expensive to maintain/very technical

HONDA- way too many products and need to shrink the amount of products and put that money into motorsports

HD- totally needs to close it doors- no racing inovation left in its name

TRIUMPH- total niche market, many problems, poor customer service from HQ

BMW- overpriced doodads for deep pockets 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

3 hours ago, faffi said:

If so, why was the MT07 the best selling bike after the R1200GS since it appeared until fairly recently? And the long term tests have proved the Yamaha to be bomb proof. So I reckon it must have to do with looks. Or maybe price - Suzuki is a little cheaper, Kawa the same, but there may be special deals going on for all I know.

Like I said, that was just off the top of my head. I know nothing about any long term tests that prove anything. All I know is, judging by my relatives from Germany they tend to stick with things they feel are made well. E.G. Mercedes, BMW so off the top of my head I thought that maybe since the Suzuki 650 had been around for so long and has a proven, solid engine (and good suspension as Cruizin mentioned) that maybe they have a thing for it. We're just guessing here, I really don't care either way, I have cold beer in the fridge. That's what matters to me at this moment. 😉

Beemer

I'm always wondering where are all these MT07s in Germany... I live 30km from Frankfurt and all I see is BMW R1200GS and Harleys. I have seen 3-4 MT07s only in the last year, so even if it was best selling in the last years, adventure bikes waaaay outsell it.

Wir schreiben das Jahr 2013. Der Marktanteil von Yamaha bei Motorrädern über 125 Kubik ist auf 6,22 Prozent gefallen, knapp hinter den von Triumph (6,48 Prozent). Sieben Jahre zuvor noch hat man mit 14 Prozent Platz 4 der Herstellercharts ­gehalten, während Triumph mit verschwindend geringen 2,3 Prozent um jeden Kunden gekämpft hat. Zeitgleich hat sich – und jetzt festhalten – Harley-Davidson zur drittgrößten Motorradmarke Deutschlands hochgearbeitet und das in einer Zeit, in der angeblich keiner mehr Cruiser oder Chopper haben will. 

2018. Yamaha ist auf Platz zwei der deutschen Zu­lassungsstatistik. Zählt man die vielen 125er mit, sogar größer als BMW. Und die MT? Insgesamt 12 747 MT-07 in Deutschland und über 68 000 in ganz Europa zeigen: Ja, Yamaha hat zum richtigen – vielleicht letztmöglichen – Zeitpunkt das richtige Motorrad gebracht. Die große Schwester MT-09 kommt immerhin auf 7 142 Stück in Deutschland und 37 810 Exemplare in Europa.

http://www.roadster-magazin.de/test/yamaha+mt-07+-+yamahas+schicksalssinfonie_18307.html

In brief; Yamaha had gone from a market share of 14 to about 6% between 2006 and 2013 in Germany, falling behind brands like Triumph and Harley. With the introduction of the MT-series, the brand is now the second largest in Germany - and if you also count the 125s, they are #1. Since it's introduction and up to March 23 this year, 12747 MT07 were sold in Germany, more than 68000 throughout Europe.

The reason you see so many BMW R1200GS is because they sell more than 50 thousand of the thing every year world wide, with Germany being BMW's most important market. And being BMWs best selling model by far since its introduction in 2004, the roads must be flooded with them, especially in Germany.

31 minutes ago, faffi said:

Wir schreiben das Jahr 2013. Der Marktanteil von Yamaha bei Motorrädern über 125 Kubik ist auf 6,22 Prozent gefallen, knapp hinter den von Triumph (6,48 Prozent). Sieben Jahre zuvor noch hat man mit 14 Prozent Platz 4 der Herstellercharts ­gehalten, während Triumph mit verschwindend geringen 2,3 Prozent um jeden Kunden gekämpft hat. Zeitgleich hat sich – und jetzt festhalten – Harley-Davidson zur drittgrößten Motorradmarke Deutschlands hochgearbeitet und das in einer Zeit, in der angeblich keiner mehr Cruiser oder Chopper haben will. 

2018. Yamaha ist auf Platz zwei der deutschen Zu­lassungsstatistik. Zählt man die vielen 125er mit, sogar größer als BMW. Und die MT? Insgesamt 12 747 MT-07 in Deutschland und über 68 000 in ganz Europa zeigen: Ja, Yamaha hat zum richtigen – vielleicht letztmöglichen – Zeitpunkt das richtige Motorrad gebracht. Die große Schwester MT-09 kommt immerhin auf 7 142 Stück in Deutschland und 37 810 Exemplare in Europa.

http://www.roadster-magazin.de/test/yamaha+mt-07+-+yamahas+schicksalssinfonie_18307.html

In brief; Yamaha had gone from a market share of 14 to about 6% between 2006 and 2013 in Germany, falling behind brands like Triumph and Harley. With the introduction of the MT-series, the brand is now the second largest in Germany - and if you also count the 125s, they are #1. Since it's introduction and up to March 23 this year, 12747 MT07 were sold in Germany, more than 68000 throughout Europe.

The reason you see so many BMW R1200GS is because they sell more than 50 thousand of the thing every year world wide, with Germany being BMW's most important market. And being BMWs best selling model by far since its introduction in 2004, the roads must be flooded with them, especially in Germany.

Wow, think of all the defective Bosch sensor replacements each year. 

BMW, great bike to ride...aweful to own. I will never own another one.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I will will ever buy thasts german is a dog from DerWinerSchitzle

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

R1, interesting sentence that one.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived