The MT-07 Forum

Ducati issues USA recall for Panigale V4

r1limited

r1limited

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-general-news/ducati-issues-usa-recall-panigale-v4

DUCATI has issued a recall for 692 units of the Panigale V4 in the USA due to address an issue with the fuelling system.

All three variants, which are the Panigale V4, V4S and the top-spec Panigale V4R have been recalled for two reasons.

The first one is because the internal breathing system valve plug on the Panigale V4 which could have a fuel leak if the O-ring was damaged during the valve plug installation process.

Also, the grease on the O-ring made it even more difficult for the suppliers to detect the leakage during the quality tests.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

you should see the world-wide recall for the Z900 by comparison.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

r1limited

Well its a kawaski man

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, r1limited said:

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-general-news/ducati-issues-usa-recall-panigale-v4

DUCATI has issued a recall for 692 units of the Panigale V4 in the USA due to address an issue with the fuelling system.

All three variants, which are the Panigale V4, V4S and the top-spec Panigale V4R have been recalled for two reasons.

The first one is because the internal breathing system valve plug on the Panigale V4 which could have a fuel leak if the O-ring was damaged during the valve plug installation process.

Also, the grease on the O-ring made it even more difficult for the suppliers to detect the leakage during the quality tests.

I'll have to check to see if mine is recalled.....

Craig Mapstone
Upstate New York

• Premium Member
norcal616

is this related to the new ducti that caught on fire a month ago... I recall a video posted on the forum...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

r1limited
3 hours ago, norcal616 said:

is this related to the new ducti that caught on fire a month ago... I recall a video posted on the forum...

I believe so

Archived