The MT-07 Forum

Arrow full system - High system to low system?

safety

Hi folks,

I am looking at some arrow exhaust system and I found a particular rebate at some on-line store.

https://motostarz.ca/products/arrow-thunder-full-exhaust-systems-for-2014-2017-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07

Now the question is, I prefer the low-version look but it comes at a higher cost (somehow less metal=higher price 😆).

I wonder if the full (high) line comes in 3 parts (header, middle pipe + muffler) if it does maybe not installing the middle pipe could achieve the same as the low system?

I read myself and it sounds silly but It's just by looking at the pictures of the high system I noticed there are springs that (seems to) keeps the middle section to the header part and the muffler (pipe) part, so it looks like it's a 3 piece sets ... and I am curious as to know. 🤔

The part 71605KZ seems like a two piece:

https://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1347

Worst I could eventualy order the low-version...at a higher cost:

https://motostarz.ca/products/arrow-thunder-full-exhaust-low-version-2014-2018-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07?variant=12097163984990

Thanks for taking the time to read.

Have a great day

r1limited

Flip a coin if that is what you want, sounds like either or.  Personally I just do not like the looks of the Arrow system.  Just me.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Received some details from the reseller's support group.

There is no mounting point under the bike if one is to remove the middle pipe from the full lenght high system. 

I figured it could be worth sharing with the community.

Still pending an answer from the manufacturer... I will update.

Cheers,

Considering the lack of weight I suspect it doesn't need a mid support. Seen plenty of systems suspended by the outlets and the rear silencer support that last forever without a mid support. I have also seen systems with mid supports crack around the support.  On a system weighing 3.3kg ( the advertised figure on the site) , the rear will be holding up approx 1.7kg ( a bit more because of the balance) and the two outlets half that each ( .8kg) . Mid would only be necessary if there was a poorly joint in the middle.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
norcal616

The KZ ending header piece is for a catalyic converter 

The MI ending one is cat-less

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

18 hours ago, safety said:

I figured it could be worth sharing with the community.

Still pending an answer from the manufacturer... I will update.

So here is the answer from the manufacturer.

Good morning Mr. Safety, 😋

please check the following: https://admin.arrow.it/img/craft/docs/1347/240c4a48-5a51-4885-9074-e1fa9f03f9d9_Yamaha_MT-07_14-16.pdf

As you will see from the schematic of the exhaust systems available, a solution to fit a low-mount system on MT-07 is to get 71655MI collectors (checka slo the website page here: https://www.arrow.it/it/assembled/1347). You can remove the last section of the link pipe used on 71605MI, but you will anyway miss the silencer mounting bracket to secure the silencer to the footrest.

Best regards

Thanks for all your feed back folks. 

Have a great day,

• 1 month later...

Just out-of-curiosity, I know some will be able to shed some light into this, the following video shows a Arrow Low system being added to a bike with sound comparison before/after, like so many others...

But there is an interinsting section with a dyno comparisio (stock vs Arrow). The arrow is negatively impacting HP, so I wonder if this is a perfect example of running a stock ECU with an after-market exhaust system negatively impacting the performance because of lack of Tune (Flash/remap...)

A comparison is available @2.46 (clutch) and  @2.57 (wheel).

Thnaks for your input

per my YT comment.

2-3% is easily measurement error and/or change in conditions and/or operator. But beyond that, I'm not all that surprised. Effectively 90deg twins need lots of volume (cc, not dB) to work best and the stock arrangement has MUCH more than the chopped off Arrow does. Buy it because you like the noise. If you're racing for money then you won't be cheaping out on half-assed solutions like under-body exhaust anyway. I wish this craze who just stop. They look like shet and perform just as bad.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

22 hours ago, safety said:

Just out-of-curiosity, I know some will be able to shed some light into this, the following video shows a Arrow Low system being added to a bike with sound comparison before/after, like so many others...

But there is an interinsting section with a dyno comparisio (stock vs Arrow). The arrow is negatively impacting HP, so I wonder if this is a perfect example of running a stock ECU with an after-market exhaust system negatively impacting the performance because of lack of Tune (Flash/remap...)

A comparison is available @2.46 (clutch) and  @2.57 (wheel).

Thnaks for your input

It wouldn't be the first pipe to ever negatively impact the h.p. or torque. Most peeps would recommend a fuel management system of some type even though the manufacturer says it's not necessary. I went with Dobeck EJK but an flash tune from 2wheeldynoworks (a supporting vendor) will make that pipe right. Don't forget to un-snorkel! 😉

Beemer

1 hour ago, pattonme said:

per my YT comment.

2-3% is easily measurement error and/or change in conditions and/or operator. But beyond that, I'm not all that surprised. Effectively 90deg twins need lots of volume (cc, not dB) to work best and the stock arrangement has MUCH more than the chopped off Arrow does. Buy it because you like the noise. If you're racing for money then you won't be cheaping out on half-assed solutions like under-body exhaust anyway. I wish this craze who just stop. They look like shet and perform just as bad.

Yep! I'd go with full lenght if it was my bike and would track it but that ain't the case.

The lady wants her bike to match her shoes and handbag if you catch my drift . ;)

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

It wouldn't be the first pipe to ever negatively impact the h.p. or torque. Most peeps would recommend a fuel management system of some type even though the manufacturer says it's not necessary. I went with Dobeck EJK but an flash tune from 2wheeldynoworks (a supporting vendor) will make that pipe right. Don't forget to un-snorkel! 😉

True that! And I think this was the perfect exemple.

Thanks for your input folks.

Archived