Jump to content
safety

Arrow full system - High system to low system?

Recommended Posts

safety

Hi folks,

 

I am looking at some arrow exhaust system and I found a particular rebate at some on-line store.

https://motostarz.ca/products/arrow-thunder-full-exhaust-systems-for-2014-2017-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07

 

Now the question is, I prefer the low-version look but it comes at a higher cost (somehow less metal=higher price 😆).

I wonder if the full (high) line comes in 3 parts (header, middle pipe + muffler) if it does maybe not installing the middle pipe could achieve the same as the low system?

I read myself and it sounds silly but It's just by looking at the pictures of the high system I noticed there are springs that (seems to) keeps the middle section to the header part and the muffler (pipe) part, so it looks like it's a 3 piece sets ... and I am curious as to know. 🤔

 

The part 71605KZ seems like a two piece:

https://www.arrow.it/en/assembled/1347

 

Worst I could eventualy order the low-version...at a higher cost:

https://motostarz.ca/products/arrow-thunder-full-exhaust-low-version-2014-2018-yamaha-mt-07-fz-07?variant=12097163984990

 

Thanks for taking the time to read.

 

Have a great day

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
r1limited

Flip a coin if that is what you want, sounds like either or.  Personally I just do not like the looks of the Arrow system.  Just me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety

I respect that - not here to debate your taste. ;)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety

Received some details from the reseller's support group.

There is no mounting point under the bike if one is to remove the middle pipe from the full lenght high system. 

 

I figured it could be worth sharing with the community.

 

Still pending an answer from the manufacturer... I will update.

 

Cheers,

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregjet

Considering the lack of weight I suspect it doesn't need a mid support. Seen plenty of systems suspended by the outlets and the rear silencer support that last forever without a mid support. I have also seen systems with mid supports crack around the support.  On a system weighing 3.3kg ( the advertised figure on the site) , the rear will be holding up approx 1.7kg ( a bit more because of the balance) and the two outlets half that each ( .8kg) . Mid would only be necessary if there was a poorly joint in the middle.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norcal616

The KZ ending header piece is for a catalyic converter 

The MI ending one is cat-less

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety
18 hours ago, safety said:

I figured it could be worth sharing with the community.

 

Still pending an answer from the manufacturer... I will update.

 

 

So here is the answer from the manufacturer.

 

Good morning Mr. Safety, 😋

please check the following: https://admin.arrow.it/img/craft/docs/1347/240c4a48-5a51-4885-9074-e1fa9f03f9d9_Yamaha_MT-07_14-16.pdf

 

As you will see from the schematic of the exhaust systems available, a solution to fit a low-mount system on MT-07 is to get 71655MI collectors (checka slo the website page here: https://www.arrow.it/it/assembled/1347). You can remove the last section of the link pipe used on 71605MI, but you will anyway miss the silencer mounting bracket to secure the silencer to the footrest.

 

Best regards

 

Thanks for all your feed back folks. 

 

Have a great day,

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety

Just out-of-curiosity, I know some will be able to shed some light into this, the following video shows a Arrow Low system being added to a bike with sound comparison before/after, like so many others...

But there is an interinsting section with a dyno comparisio (stock vs Arrow). The arrow is negatively impacting HP, so I wonder if this is a perfect example of running a stock ECU with an after-market exhaust system negatively impacting the performance because of lack of Tune (Flash/remap...)

 

A comparison is available @2.46 (clutch) and  @2.57 (wheel).

 

 

Thnaks for your input

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pattonme
Posted (edited)

per my YT comment.

 

2-3% is easily measurement error and/or change in conditions and/or operator. But beyond that, I'm not all that surprised. Effectively 90deg twins need lots of volume (cc, not dB) to work best and the stock arrangement has MUCH more than the chopped off Arrow does. Buy it because you like the noise. If you're racing for money then you won't be cheaping out on half-assed solutions like under-body exhaust anyway. I wish this craze who just stop. They look like shet and perform just as bad.

 

Edited by pattonme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beemer
22 hours ago, safety said:

Just out-of-curiosity, I know some will be able to shed some light into this, the following video shows a Arrow Low system being added to a bike with sound comparison before/after, like so many others...

But there is an interinsting section with a dyno comparisio (stock vs Arrow). The arrow is negatively impacting HP, so I wonder if this is a perfect example of running a stock ECU with an after-market exhaust system negatively impacting the performance because of lack of Tune (Flash/remap...)

 

A comparison is available @2.46 (clutch) and  @2.57 (wheel).

 

 

Thnaks for your input

It wouldn't be the first pipe to ever negatively impact the h.p. or torque. Most peeps would recommend a fuel management system of some type even though the manufacturer says it's not necessary. I went with Dobeck EJK but an flash tune from 2wheeldynoworks (a supporting vendor) will make that pipe right. Don't forget to un-snorkel! 😉

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
safety

 

 

1 hour ago, pattonme said:

per my YT comment.

 

2-3% is easily measurement error and/or change in conditions and/or operator. But beyond that, I'm not all that surprised. Effectively 90deg twins need lots of volume (cc, not dB) to work best and the stock arrangement has MUCH more than the chopped off Arrow does. Buy it because you like the noise. If you're racing for money then you won't be cheaping out on half-assed solutions like under-body exhaust anyway. I wish this craze who just stop. They look like shet and perform just as bad.

 

Yep! I'd go with full lenght if it was my bike and would track it but that ain't the case.

The lady wants her bike to match her shoes and handbag if you catch my drift . ;)

 

1 hour ago, Beemer said:

It wouldn't be the first pipe to ever negatively impact the h.p. or torque. Most peeps would recommend a fuel management system of some type even though the manufacturer says it's not necessary. I went with Dobeck EJK but an flash tune from 2wheeldynoworks (a supporting vendor) will make that pipe right. Don't forget to un-snorkel! 😉

True that! And I think this was the perfect exemple.

 

Thanks for your input folks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.