The MT-07 Forum

Michelin Road 5 Review

• Global Moderator

I have put some mileage on the Road 5 tires now and since I promised a review somewhere in a thread here it is.  It is hard to compare them to the Bridgestones I replaced as they had almost 15,000 miles on them and were squared off enough that the bike would almost stand up by itself.  The Roads turn in nicely and the grip is very good.  I cannot recall exactly how it compares to the Bridgestones when they were new (that was too long ago) but I feel that they are better.  I have not ridden in the rain with them, but I only ride in the rain accidently so if that happens I will update this.  One odd thing is there are three lines near the edge on the tire so you can quantify exactly how much of a chicken you are (I am not going to say which line I am at).  Depending on how long they last I would definitely buy them again.  

AlbatrossCafe

Just curious, why did you get these tires if you don't plan to ride in the rain? Aren't they a all-weather geared tire?

I have liked the road pilot series (had 3 & 4) with their legendary wet grip. I'm sure #5 is improved in every way like the advertise, but personally they are just too ugly haha. This is something I never thought I would care about on a motorcycle.

• Global Moderator

The reviews say the dry weather performance is also good and if I get stuck out in the rain I will not have to worry.  I like the look of the 5 better than the 3 or 4, but that is very subjective.  Everyone I have talked to with Road Pilots loves them, so that was also a factor. 

Archived