The MT-07 Forum

Got K-Tech Razor Lite (street) installed.

peteinpa

Got her installed (a center stand makes ALL the difference) and now am wondering what rider sag to set for. Remove the right side silver piece that goes up from the foot peg for more swing room. Was aiming for 30mm but can't crank it any tighter. Came with 1 spanner tool for adjustment. Kind of need 2, the adjustment ring at the other end and the spring are spinning at the same time.They should have 2 rings at each end to lock together.😒🙄

Has 32 clicks of rebound which is awesome.

raining now, (of course) have to wait for a ride.

Got new red 2015 FZ-07 on 7/22/16!
Black 2006 Honda ST1300 53K miles.

• Global Moderator

I set my sag at 1.5" (I do not have a tape measure with metric) on my Nitron shock, which is about 38 mm and it works well.   It seems like you should be able to adjust your shock more than you can.  I think 30mm is just barely in the range you want. 

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I set my sag at 1.5" (I do not have a tape measure with metric) on my Nitron shock, which is about 38 mm and it works well.   It seems like you should be able to adjust your shock more than you can.  I think 30mm is just barely in the range you want. 

Perhaps you can convert inches to MM with the windows 10 Calculator if you need. There are also online converters as well.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Global Moderator
6 minutes ago, DewMan said:

Perhaps you can convert inches to MM with the windows 10 Calculator if you need. There are also online converters as well.

I did use an online calculator to figure out 38 mm.  The suspension travel is listed in inches and my take measures all just have inches so it is easier to work with that.  

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I did use an online calculator to figure out 38 mm.  The suspension travel is listed in inches and my take measures all just have inches so it is easier to work with that.  

I figured as much but just in case others aren't aware.

FYI: I've found and purchased a brand of tape measure that has both metric and SAE markings on the same tape. I find it quite handy when doing on the fly conversions. They are of good quality and I have both 30ft/9m and 12ft/3..5m versions. I didn't grow up with the metric system so I have a hard time visualizing random metric lengths like 52cm and this tape makes it easier to visualize when I can instantly convert it. ✌️

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Well I'll keep it at 1.5 inches and try it since that's where I'm at now.

the black scolloped ring has a pinch bolt on it, unless you loosen it, it won't move easily if at all. The bottom 2 rings just hold the top one with like a pin tool (3mm hex key?) and loosen the bottom ring with the hook wrench. Then tighten the upper of the pair and measure sag. When done lightly snug up the bottom ring.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Top pinch bolt is loose, one at swingarm is tight. There is only one black ring at the top of the spring and one at the bottom. There SHOULD be 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom shouldn't there???

I'm worried that there isn't enough threads there to hold the spring.

pic please. There should be 1 black scollop-sided ring at the top and 2 silvers at the bottom.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Nope no silver rings at all. 1 split black ring with the 3mm allen at the top and 1 identical ring at the bottom.

Rode today, I like it. Hard to believe that a harder spring gives a softer initial ride. Must put the progressive linkage in the swing arm in the right place.

has great bump response without the movement after the bump and still has reserve so it doesn't bottom.

I think I'll keep it at 1.5 inches of rider sag.

Archived