The MT-07 Forum

Wiring Issue

dravyck

I replaced the factory indicators with leds, and a fender eliminator with an aftermarket plate light. I got the indicators wired no problem, but the new plate light didnt light up, switched the wiring over to the original and it didnt light up either. I was in a hurry and I'm too tired to go down stairs and mess with it tonight, so I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the issue. Fuse is the first thing that comes to mind, but I find it odd that the indicators are working though.

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

I replaced the factory indicators with leds, and a fender eliminator with an aftermarket plate light. I got the indicators wired no problem, but the new plate light didnt light up, switched the wiring over to the original and it didnt light up either. I was in a hurry and I'm too tired to go down stairs and mess with it tonight, so I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the issue. Fuse is the first thing that comes to mind, but I find it odd that the indicators are working though.
Someone else had this issue.  I think the license plate light was shorted at the plate and as I recall his horn did not work either.  Scan the posts but I'm sure someone else will jump in here.

It was the "signal" fuse, easy fix.

I checked the horn and as you said, it didnt work.

82 Yamaha XJ550 Maxim Black (Passed Away)
15 Yamaha FZ-07 White

Archived