The MT-07 Forum

Is there an '18 MT-07 parts compatibility thread yet?

aiian

I picked up a new MT-07 yesterday and am looking to buy the obligatory first round of mods... fender eliminator, turn signals, windshield, and etc.

Without having an FZ to compare to I'm not sure which bits have changed and what hasn't as far as the MT's new parts go. 

• Global Moderator

Someone posted that the fender eliminator for the FZ-07 fits on the MT-07.  From just looking at the bike it seems anything not related to the seat or plastics looks like it is the same. 

So far I’ve bought the t-Rex case saver, LQMY radiator protector, vagabond frame sliders, yoshimura fender eliminator, all from 2017 and they appear to fit w/o issue.  

A big dissapointment was finding that the integrated tail light from motodynamic does NOT fit the 2018.  I spoke with them on the phone and they are the first to receive the tail piece from Yamaha and will be making this years model in the coming months.  

Anybody know about blinker mods and braided brake cable kit?

• Premium Member
norcal616

The biggest diffrence is the body work on the 2018 are totally diffrent than the pre 2018... as far as frame, engine, wheels, suspension(?) and exhaust  they should be the same... 

Also the 1st gen 2015-2017 (FZ-07 in US and MT-07 in EU (had clear turn signals) are the same bike except ECU, immobilizer, signals...

Just diffrent names- 1st gens had the front turn signals mounted on the headlight ... had an ABS model that only came in red

Now the 2018 MT-07 (2nd generation) is the same name worldwide...all new body work, headlight, seat shape, gas tank... ABS on all...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

Over the week-end and to my disapointement, I found that the previous year's windshields are not compatible. It's due to the mounting bolts on the new 2018 headlight. On the 2018 they are farter appart. As an example I bought a brand new Puig Windshield naked new generation - PN# 7016H and the brakets wouldn't fit.

But I just found that Puig as released a new specific version PN#9661H 

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshields-specific-for-non-round-headlights/naked-new-generation-touring?bike=21060

Just wanted to share. 😉

• 8 months later...
On 5/6/2018 at 8:58 PM, safety said:

Over the week-end and to my disapointement, I found that the previous year's windshields are not compatible. It's due to the mounting bolts on the new 2018 headlight. On the 2018 they are farter appart. As an example I bought a brand new Puig Windshield naked new generation - PN# 7016H and the brakets wouldn't fit.

But I just found that Puig as released a new specific version PN#9661H 

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshields-specific-for-non-round-headlights/naked-new-generation-touring?bike=21060

Just wanted to share. 😉

Yamaha has their fly-screen for the 18' MT07 available on their website.

Archived