The MT-07 Forum

Video of the production model?

Will the Aussies get one first? Will gregjet get one first??? 😯

Beemer

• Premium Member
norcal616

needs a Hordpower Airbox!! and Higdonion Trail Cage (them cages are Baja worthy 😉)

I scanned thru the google translated article and found the suspension is taking from the WR450F line (pre-2012 WR-450F did not get the good KYB SSS forks found on the 2006+ YZ450F that still provide some of the best handling suspension today ) ... please correct me if im wrong...I blame google 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2018 at 6:58 AM, faffi said:

Apparently, still a prototype, but edging closer towards production

https://www.motorradonline.de/motorraeder/yamaha-tenere-700-world-raid-prototyp.835542.html

MOTORRAD put the T7 on the scale and found it was 185 kg with a couple of litres of fuel in the tank, so approximately 190 kg wet. The production version is expected to be quite a bit heavier.

420lbs wet.

this being as light at it will ever be or what a person dedicated to stripping weight off the production machine  might be able to achieve.

thats going to be too heavy for many of the purist offroad ADV types.

hell, a KLR is 430 lbs and a KTM 690 enduro is around 325 wet.

Liquidmetal
3 hours ago, BlueMule said:

420lbs wet.

this being as light at it will ever be or what a person dedicated to stripping weight off the production machine  might be able to achieve.

thats going to be too heavy for many of the purist offroad ADV types.

hell, a KLR is 430 lbs and a KTM 690 enduro is around 325 wet.

Agree.  Really hoping this thing would/will come in under 400 lbs. wet, significantly under that number would be ideal.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

Archived