The MT-07 Forum

Free Fender Eliminator

Frosty

So I was completely blown away at the prices for the fender eliminators for this bike so I decided I was just going to fab up my own. Got to looking at it and figured out everything you need for a fender eliminator is already on the bike (besides the led blinkers, which i guess doesn't make it free, but I had some laying around, that being why they are red instead of orange. I think they're 15 bucks for a set of two?) Anyway,  I wish i would have taken pictures of the process to show but all I have is before and after. photo_zps72a4056e.jpg

Put two led strips on each side in the back "vents", angled so you can see them from the front and the side. And they match the tail lights V pattern pretty well.They aren't as bright as the tail light but definitely bright enough to see during the day. The only problem is the little square hole where the stock tag was at. I've cut the top of the stock plastic fender off and just put the pins back in since these pictures were taken. Ill update later with pictures inside the tail section and a better look at how everything is mounted.

image4_zps08666902.jpeg
The led blinkers blink about twice as fast as the stock blinkers do because it doesn't take as much energy to power them. Not gonna get into explanation on all that, but on you need is a resistor on the left and right blinker. And I'm pretty sure if you're trying this led blinker set up, you have a little wiring experience. 

Make sure plate is high enough that it can be seen with rider on bike. If not you may get stopped by local popo

I'ts high enough. I actually got a buddy of mine that is about 240 to sit on it after i put it all together. Works great.

Thanks!

Had some editing issues up there. The tag bracket itself is what the tag was mounted to stock. I just took it off and mounted it to the frame.

Archived