The MT-07 Forum

Flippin a coin HJC RPHA 11, AGV K3

r1limited

r1limited

Updating this to ask about the HJC RHPA 11 Pro

Matter of trying on as the fit is mopst important.  Do you have Pin Head Round head or dick head no helmet fits the same and in differing fitiment designs based on head types.

Sinc ei have to replace the ARAI, I want to get an Arai, but just cannot justify the cost so I opt for 2nd best IMO

Feed Back on those users who have either worn or have a AGV K3 Bell RS-2 Dont care much about hearing on other brands.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
norcal616

I use the AGV K5... really nice helmet compared to my 3 old helmets that could get a drivers permit in about 3yrs 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Global Moderator

I have the RS-1, which I like.  I do not like the new Bell helmet visors not having an option to be sightly open.  I use that feature a lot.  I also love the Transitions visor so the drop down sunscreen would be redundant.  Just my $0.02. 

r1limited
2 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I do not like the new Bell helmet visors not having an option to be sightly open

Explain, not sure what you mean/  Never mind read up

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Global Moderator
20 minutes ago, r1limited said:

Explain, not sure what you mean/  Never mind read up

Are you saying you figured it out?  If not, or for others who may be interested, the visor on the Bell helmets is now either open or closed.  It will not stay in an intermediate position.  I often crack the visor open slightly it it gets foggy or at stop lights in the summer heat.  Not having that option is a deal breaker for me. 

r1limited
3 minutes ago, mjh937 said:

I often crack the visor open slightly it it gets foggy or at stop lights in the summer heat.  Not having that option is a deal breaker for me

After reading through, I will skip the RS-2 if I can find a 2017 OEM date for a RS-1 no problem IMO Sucks nice helmet

• Global Moderator
7 minutes ago, r1limited said:

After reading through, I will skip the RS-2 if I can find a 2017 OEM date for a RS-1 no problem IMO Sucks nice helmet

Actually after reading a couple of reviews they do not mention the visor.  I tried on some Bell helmets a couple of weeks ago and they did not stay open in an intermediate position, but I do not think the RS-2 was one I tried.  I might be mistaken about all the new Bells all being like that...although I might not, so just be aware of it. 

shinyribs

If you don't want to hear about other brands then stop reading now.

But since you are looking for an intermediate oval shaped lid, check out LS2 helmets. All their lids are ECE approved and very light due to their own proprietary polymer/weave. It rivals carbon fiber very closely on weight and puncture tests. Some say it is better than CF. Their a Spanish company. Apologies if this suggestion offends.

12 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I have the RS-1, which I like.  I do not like the new Bell helmet visors not having an option to be sightly open.  I use that feature a lot.  I also love the Transitions visor so the drop down sunscreen would be redundant.  Just my $0.02. 

I just recently bought a Bell helmet with the Transitions shield and it only shades the sunlight to about medium which I'm perfectly fine with but I found out the other day when the sun was getting low in the late afternoon and directly in my vision that the transitions shield was no match for direct sunlight. Granted, that doesn't happen often but I guarantee that when it does you will want a drop down visor or preferably polarized sunglasses to help with the extreme glare.

Beemer

r1limited
13 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Apologies if this suggestion offends

Rebel 😏

Not opposed to other brands, if it is ARAI, I am forced to look at middle ground.  BUt what I am seeing and fitting I am like NOPE.  Probably going to end with a Defiant any way, I just keep sobbing when my wife sees me looking at helmets and I give that big ol Heavey In breath and exit siii :)

• Premium Member

I like my K-3, nice fit, just a heads up, I think they have only 2 shell size's, so if like me your a LARGE then it will be the bigger shell and it looks a little big from the exterior. It doesn't bother me at all. I find it reasonable quite for the money. The ventilation on top of the helmet isn't great, but it does work. The chin-bar vent works very well, IMO. The internal drop down visor works very well, which I was surprised by, I was for sure thinking it would be a distraction but its not tinted too dark, but more than enough for me in all sun situations and directions. The chin curtain helps a lot with noise and has slots to get up and open the chin-bar vent with ease. Its pretty good on the aerodynamic side of things my head doesn't get dragged all over the place with no windscreen and twisting hard on the freeway. Its a great helmet for the money, but I'll be upgrading when I need a new lid, I'm not in the market for one right now and my K-3 is serving me well for the moment.

As you say, its the fit what counts. AGV K5 fitted me head well in 2007 and the new one fits well now. It is now more aerodynamic. No complaints about quality. Still some wind noise though but I can deal with that.

Just do it! 

r1limited

Cycle Gear Really Sucks.

They push that Bilt crap and have very little choice in lids which they sell.  Was able to try a K# and a Shoei 1200 (Shoie sucks for my noodle) just felt like I was wearing a box stuffed with pillows.  The K3 was impressive, fit well, just felt like a dirt bike helmet.  Tossed the Arai Signet on and ya well, fits like a glove.  Sudicis are really f'up, first one Iooked at freakin shield would not lift up, second on this damn twisty knob on the side fell off.  Bilt with colours I guess

So bottom line, Going Back to ARAI, more than likely the Corsair agian.  just feel more comfortable in a fit I like.  Thanks for the input

r1limited

ANY HJC RHPA 11 Pro users out there?

Like feedback

Tossed the Bell RS-2 out, ARAI is my go to if I have to and K3 is in the hunt however the HJC RHPA well its a fing nice helmet

shinyribs

On the HJC RHPA, I went to a local shop recently to try them on. I'm not trying to step on any toes, but I didn't care for the liner. Just felt very coarse and not like something I'd want against my face for hours, or possibly days, at a time. Seemed like a great helmet otherwise. Did the liner feel ok to you? Maybe I'm just sensitive.... I would have been very disappointed if I'd ordered one online without a way to return it. 

They scored 3 on the SHARP tests, which is not a horrible score, but the side impact zones concerned me. 

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/hjc-rpha-11/

K3 did really good on side impacts, according to SHARP. 

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/agv-k-3/

If the HJC and the K3 both fit me comfortably, I'd be tempted to go with the K3. Much less expensive and seems to crash better. K3 still has the sunvisor.  I almost bought a K3 recently, but ended up with a LSR Vector simply due to hoping it will be quieter than a K3. But after looking at the SHARP reports I wish I'd just got a K3 and a pair of earplugs. I still might...

The Vector has issues on the side impacts according to SHARP, too. Only slightly better than the RHPA11 :(

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/ls2-ff397-vector/

But at least the Vector crashes better than a C3

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/helmets/schuberth-c3/

r1limited

Did not notice harshness just freakin tight.

mick97702
On 5/4/2018 at 6:06 AM, Beemer said:

I just recently bought a Bell helmet with the Transitions shield and it only shades the sunlight to about medium which I'm perfectly fine with but I found out the other day when the sun was getting low in the late afternoon and directly in my vision that the transitions shield was no match for direct sunlight. Granted, that doesn't happen often but I guarantee that when it does you will want a drop down visor or preferably polarized sunglasses to help with the extreme glare.

Exactly what I do in AZ. Sun glasses, drop down visor and transitions lens. With this combo, sun up to sun set, I'm covered!

Not hijacking, but figured I'd mention it. The LS2 I ordered came in and was painfully loud. So I decided I'd just pick up a K3 and be done with it. Hopped online and then I saw the K3 was listed as a round head shape. The K5 is intermediate oval. Just throwing that out there. Not sure what you're shape is, but I can't wear a round lid. Mainly mentioning this since the HJC you mentioned is not the same shape as the K3, which may explain the tightness you felt?

Sidenote: Someone needs to take the crayons away from the graphic designers at AGV. Holy shi....what is wrong with those guys. Go shop a page of AGV helmets. Literally looks like you opened a childs coloring book. 

1 hour ago, Redstang4 said:

Appreciate that but noting there I want.  All them ARAI helmets are the cant sell so they are clearing shelves. 

@rider now your puching below the belt man

Actually decided on the HJC RHPA 11Pro.  Ya cannot beat the price, freakin nice helmet, comes with 2 shields and a anti-fog. I just cannot get beyond them flip down shields with the K3, Bell RS-2 .

hjc.jpg

42 minutes ago, r1limited said:

@rider now your puching below the belt man

Sorry, brother.  I saw it and just had to do it.  😬

Archived