The MT-07 Forum

(Video) My FZ-07 with LED Underglow lights

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

I figured some of you would get a kick out of this and/or might want to see how it looks. I was cleaning my phone out and found this video.

Back in the day I bought some China-select lights for $40 off Amazon. I bought them with the idea of giving me more visibility when commuting in a downpour in the late evening/night and even during the day. They were plenty bright and easy to use/install (hardest part was figuring out where to put them) and they didn't seem to falter in the rain at all.

However, their downfall was that the lights would put too much parasitic drain on my battery. They were wired directly to it. Not only did I find that my bike would have trouble starting, but it would also die from low voltage while idling at lights. This happened EVEN if the lights hadn't been turned on for a week, so I removed them.

If I bought something of better quality, I wonder if I would still have that problem? I kind of like the look, although even on the dimmest setting with plain white-ish blue lights, I still kinda feel like a d-bag on the road lol

• 4 weeks later...
Bigturbomax

Looks cool. I like it. We cant have that in texas tho. Get you pulled over pretty quick. They did just recently pass a new law tho that allows white or amber underglow. But its got some real specific rules that are kinda hard to meet. 

17 hours ago, Bigturbomax said:

Looks cool. I like it. We cant have that in texas tho. Get you pulled over pretty quick. They did just recently pass a new law tho that allows white or amber underglow. But its got some real specific rules that are kinda hard to meet. 

Let me guess at one, you can't see the light itself, just the light that's emitted from it and it can't hinder the aiming of a gun or rifle on private property??? 😁 I lived in Austin 17 years, I know a Texas joke or two.

Beemer

It looks good, very pretty but if you're conscious about it to the point you feel like a d-bag and it's ruining the good feeling you should get on a ride I can offer a solution that will rid you of the d-bag feeling and still help to make you seen (not quite as much) but you will have to accept a $40 loss. Let me know if you're interested.

Beemer

Archived