The MT-07 Forum

Yamaha taking preorders on the three wheel Niken later this month!

Cruizin

Bigturbomax

I wonder what its actually gonna cost

Bigturbomax

That was the ballpark i had guessed. Not exactly my cup of tea, but i could see how it might cool for road trips...a set of hard bags and a bigger screen.... by virtue of design id imagine it feels pretty stable at speed. Prolly be an interesting way to put down some miles. I wouldnt personally buy it, but then i wouldnt buy a harley either so....it might sell lol. Im intrigued, but not excited, ya know?

10 minutes ago, Bigturbomax said:

That was the ballpark i had guessed. Not exactly my cup of tea, but i could see how it might cool for road trips...a set of hard bags and a bigger screen.... by virtue of design id imagine it feels pretty stable at speed. Prolly be an interesting way to put down some miles. I wouldnt personally buy it, but then i wouldnt buy a harley either so....it might sell lol. Im intrigued, but not excited, ya know?

Same thought here. But, what if the handling is so revolutionary that it transforms the way riders take corners? What if you can use the brakes in the corner safely without the bike standing up straight like it does on a two wheeled bike? What if it can turn on a dime? 

Yamaha dumped a ton of money into this and they swear that it is amazing to ride in the twisties and that it is gona be a game changer. If it makes me faster in the corners, I'll probably buy one. 

If it just makes cornering "less scary" for new riders, then I won't. But good for them. 

But I know one thing, Yamaha is an exciting company, willing to take gambles, leading the pack in innovation by a mile. 

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Cruizin said:

Good question, I imagine at least $13,000 USD. Be shocked if it's less than 12. 

I'd guess it ends up being closer to USD $20,000 than to USD $13,000

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Cruizin said:

It wont sell here at $20,000 .

Agreed, but That doesn't mean they won't try. :) 

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

r1limited

If someone will pay 20k for a 700 pound ill handle pig, someone will pay 20k for a 3 wheel icky thingy.

I have an acquaintance who spent well into 40 k for a goldwing trike and still crashed it.  He blames the road, I smile as I know the exact spot he bailed on Calif 1.  A fast paced section in the fort brag area and favorite area for local redwoods riders and not to be taken for granted, he rolled the damn thing on a hairpin

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

markstertt
12 hours ago, r1limited said:

If someone will pay 20k for a 700 pound ill handle pig, someone will pay 20k for a 3 wheel icky thingy.

I have an acquaintance who spent well into 40 k for a goldwing trike and still crashed it.  He blames the road, I smile as I know the exact spot he bailed on Calif 1.  A fast paced section in the fort brag area and favorite area for local redwoods riders and not to be taken for granted, he rolled the damn thing on a hairpin

Love that whole section of coastal highway...first rode it in '69 on Triumph Bonnie...road it last on my FZ-07.

What? Preorder? Maybe for T-7 but not 3 wheeler...just me?

Archived