The MT-07 Forum

I did mine today! I like the look without the beard looking trim piece on the bottom lol. I shouldn’t have ordered it. (I’m still waiting for the fender.) I also have a 2018 radiator. 3E90198C-AD69-4787-8697-0145C4BB6FEC.thumb.jpeg.e5dfa5548244e1d1b96808066bbb2998.jpegD8698E75-BAEB-45A5-B0A5-954B4898A890.thumb.png.93ca901ea6cb5c2e787ef178578a37ec.png

16 hours ago, derekfz said:

I did mine today! I like the look without the beard looking trim piece on the bottom lol. I shouldn’t have ordered it. (I’m still waiting for the fender.) I also have a 2018 radiator. 

Looks good!  I still have a 2018 black radiator waiting to go in too.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if its possible to put all the body fairings (tail, tank cover, seat...) of mt/fz 07 2018 on the 2016/17 model?

• Like 1

• Global Moderator

really want this, but it would mean getting a new relocation bracket for my speedo.....

and new side covers for my radiator.

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

• Global Moderator

also, if you're gonna do this conversion and want to make the wiring yourself, 

https://www.amazon.com/IWISS-Crimping-AWG28-20-Terminals-Connectors/dp/B078WNZ9FW

is the crimping tool you need.  it's a godsend for making small crimps in automotive and motorcycle industry

(remembering to solder your crimps and heatshrink after the connector is another tidbit)

ATGATT... ATTATT, two acronyms I live by.

andrewcox945

If I were to connect the two running lights wires to the existing wires from my turn signals they should act as DRL and signals like the original correct?

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, andrewcox945 said:

If I were to connect the two running lights wires to the existing wires from my turn signals they should act as DRL and signals like the original correct?

No. The front turn signals have three wires coming from them. Common ground, hot for turn signal & hot for running light.Unless the new lights also have 3 wires.

If your new lights have only Ground and a single hot wire they will have to wired to  be either running lights or turn signals.

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

andrewcox945

That makes sense I've been looking at fork mount led signals too just in case that wouldn't work. Thanks for the reply 

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2018 at 4:05 PM, djfz07 said:

The lights that are on are the parking lights.  I replaced them with Sylvania W5W LEDs.  The pics are taken with the key on, engine off.  The main H4 comes on when the engine is on.

Engine on

MT07headlight19.thumb.jpg.3c75b6c5d1b4d482193dc694954185a8.jpg

Do you know what size are the parking light bulbs? I'm replacing the headlight with a cyclops bulb and I want to replace the parking lights to match them.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, djfz07 said:

If I remember correctly, they're just standard 194 style bulbs

yes, with a T10 base.👍

• Like 2

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• 1 month later...

I have a Pug  windscreen on my 2016 FZ-07  I want to install a MadStat windscreen which is much wider and taller .. I would be willing to sell the Pug in a few weeks ..

22345178_279501105874392_1342198775_o.jpg

2 minutes ago, Skibum4106 said:

I have a Pug  windscreen on my 2016 FZ-07  I want to install a MadStat windscreen which is much wider and taller .. I would be willing to sell the Pug in a few weeks ..

With the steering turned left it's hard to see the Windscreen from this angle ..

22345178_279501105874392_1342198775_o.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the in depth guide mate.

I am so gonna do this conversion to my MT07. Soon.

Either I had to ship all the parts internationally, or wait the 2018 model launched here in my country(Malaysia).

thanks for the comparative photos of the 2017/2018 front end bike styles. I have to spend some time with the new look, but I'm pretty sure I like it. IMO, its a 'smoother' front end and the lines blend well into the gas tank in a full front view. 

thanks for all the information and photos ! 

2018 front end on 2017..jpg

Edited by user1

• 2 months later...

Side topic, what color code is your bike? I have a fz07 with red tank covers and want to swap to the black you have on your bike. 

Thanks 

On 3/19/2019 at 8:48 PM, Mxbuddy said:

Side topic, what color code is your bike? I have a fz07 with red tank covers and want to swap to the black you have on your bike. 

Thanks 

It's actually a 3M matte black vinyl wrap.  Bike was originally silver.

True2theblue
On 5/15/2018 at 7:39 PM, djfz07 said:

Full front end swap including the fender was right around $280

Not bad at all!  

• 1 month later...

I do like the 2018. Seeing the two shows the improvement in look. And I think that in the photo the 2018 has a more 'thrusting' appearance perhaps especially because of the new indiators position.  I think it would improve further with a black radiator cover.

Just do it! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2018 at 7:39 PM, djfz07 said:

Full front end swap including the fender was right around $280

What's the advantage of the 2018 fender?  I need a new one. Might as well upgrade 

On 6/9/2019 at 5:06 PM, Chomorro said:

What's the advantage of the 2018 fender?  I need a new one. Might as well upgrade 

I think the 2018 fender is cleaner looking.  It also is 1-piece instead of 3 pieces like the earlier fenders.  The swap also deletes 2 metal mounting brackets for the fender.