The MT-07 Forum

Ran over a live rattlesnake today

bakamoto

• Premium Member

I got off work and went for a ride with my buddy up to Shaver Lake, CA today.  Great ride, lots of twisties!  On the way up I thought I saw a piece of rope in the middle of the ride and me being an idiot I thought “huh. Why don’t I run that over?”  As I got close and it was too late I realized it was a western diamondback.  Didn’t even lift my legs I just froze then started laughing for some reason.  My buddy said it turned around ready to bite and I guess he went really wide around it.  Don’t run over rope kids.  It might be a snake.  Lesson learned😂. All in all, if you’re in California and haven’t rode to shaver before, try it. Great views and roads.

• Premium Member

But did you get video of it? 😀

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, DewMan said:

But did you get video of it? 😀

No:( I was at work about to get off when he stopped by and asked if I wanted to ride. I need to start having the GoPro on at all times

This is interesting, You ran over a snake, then laughed about it! OK PETA Does monitor web forums like this and they do have spies.  I am not saying anyone here is spying but I have my suspisions on a few.  Then you returned to the scene of the crime to make sure it was a snake that you ran over then laughed about after you lifted your leg.  And on top of that you have a witness now accomplise in a hit and run and turn back and leave again situation.

1. Did you offer assistance
  2. Was it breathing
  3. Did you poke it with a stick

Do not answer these questions openly, seek a good Snake of an Attorney I mean a snake attorney and say nothing more about this openly, especially if your in CA, that snake may have been a illegal too, and man now your introuble, BIG BIG Trouble.

😜

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, r1limited said:

This is interesting, You ran over a snake, then laughed about it! OK PETA Does monitor web forums like this and they do have spies.  I am not saying anyone here is spying but I have my suspisions on a few.  Then you returned to the scene of the crime to make sure it was a snake that you ran over then laughed about after you lifted your leg.  And on top of that you have a witness now accomplise in a hit and run and turn back and leave again situation.

1. Did you offer assistance
  2. Was it breathing
  3. Did you poke it with a stick

Do not answer these questions openly, seek a good Snake of an Attorney I mean a snake attorney and say nothing more about this openly, especially if your in CA, that snake may have been a illegal too, and man now your introuble, BIG BIG Trouble.

😜

I didn’t return to the scene my buddy lifted his legs and went wide 😂. I think I was laughing because of how stupid I was thinking it was rope.  I can’t afford a snake attorney I have too many parts I wanna buy lol

12 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Fook snakes. Kill em all. Snakes are the devil, don't you know? 

I dunno, the snakes we have here are pretty much harmless to us. The small ones eat bugs and the big black ones eat rats and field mice - the same field mice that the DeerTicks, you know, the ones that cause Lymes disease,  breed on. 

Does anyone know what value a tick (or mosquito for that matter)  has in nature? 

As for the rattlers, I recommend tall boots. 

21 minutes ago, rick said:

I dunno, the snakes we have here are pretty much harmless to us. The small ones eat bugs and the big black ones eat rats and field mice - the same field mice that the DeerTicks, you know, the ones that cause Lymes disease,  breed on. 

Does anyone know what value a tick (or mosquito for that matter)  has in nature? 

Yes both a tick and masquito are represenatives of human parasites.  They can be (1) Lawyers, (2) deadbeat lazy scum of the earth bottom feading subhuman ingrates whom live off others and think thy are owned a living (And this includes all politicians) not just freeloading deadbeat lazy scum of the earth bottom feading subhuman ingrates whom live off others and think thy are owned a living (3) Both 1 and 2

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

1 hour ago, rick said:

I saw a copperhead in the woods one day and froze. He didn't know I was there and I was just letting him slide away. Suddenly *BAM* out of nowhere a cottonmouth struck the copperhead right on the head. I watched the copperhead's head swell up from the poison as it writhed and fought. It's not like that cottonmouth had ANY intention of consuming that copperhead. You know, circle of life and all that. He was just killing anything that crossed his path. I see no need for creatures like this to exist.

Hawks and owls can take care of field mice. They are like the Air Force of rodent control. And hawks and owls never poison anyone. And cats make great foot soldiers on the war against rodents. Then we have skunks to take care of all the little insects and such. I watched a skunk standing over a yellow jackets nest one day. He was gleefully gobbling those little suckers up as fast as they would come out of the ground. His back feet were just hopping around the whole time, like he was doing a little happy dance. 

I love nature. I often spend hours at a time sitting still in the woods just watching the world happen around me. But snakes...I just can't do snakes. Sorry, bro. No snake apologist in the world will ever crack this nut lol. 

It's a pit viper. It most likely would've struck at the highest heat signature, the hot engine or pipe but what crazy sob wants to test that theory??? Your friend did the right thing.

Speaking of snakes, when I was about 6 years old in Daleville, Ala. I came out of my bedroom and into a dimly lit hallway one day and bent down to pick up what I thought was one of those "Creepy Crawler" snakes that you made from goop you heated up in a mold. Anyone remember the Creepy Crawler machine? It moved when my hand got close and it turned out to be a baby Diamondback Rattler. It scared me so bad I tried to scream "a snake" to my mom but I strained my voice so bad nothing would come out, which really freaked my mom out cause she knew it had to be something real bad to scare me that much.

My oldest brother saw what happened and told her there was a snake in the hallway. I was lucky it didn't try to bite me but slithered under a throw rug instead. Then mom killed it with a broom, ha! Took her awhile but she got it! A few days later the trash men killed a few more with a lug wrench that were hiding in some rose clippings on the side of the house that they were going to haul away. No one ever found the mother, she was probably killed somehow, somewhere else and that's a good thing.

Beemer

• Premium Member

A pic from the ride. He rides an old Magna.  Thing runs like a champ

029B81D9-8D05-4E79-8EFA-A36324F8997F.jpeg

Snake.jpg

After visiting Surges we went through Wyoming on the way to Colorado. There was huge forest fire several miles west of us and we came upon this one strip of road that for 2 or 3 blocks there must have been 100 snakes in the road. You can bet we were all using the handlebars for freeway pegs.

• 5 months later...
firstyammerha

many years ago, my brother and I were on our PE's riding a powerline trail quite a way from home and ran across-not over- a huge,long black snake that easily went from one side of the trail into the woods on the other side. It had to be 6 feet at least. One of those neat trail riding memories I have. Then there's the one when the hawk dive bombed us on a forest service dirt road...big bird,up close, need more throttle!

Archived