The MT-07 Forum

FTecu flash kit installed. Wow!

Ryedadee

Finally had a chance to take her for a ride since installing the kit and cut the snorkel at the same time.

I am very happy with the results. In all my years modding cars I can't recall a mod that ever made this noticeable of a difference. The bike has do much more pep compared to stock. Best part IMO is disabling the fuel cut. It's so nice to down shift now as you roll up to a light. 

I definitely recommend it. Easy install and easy software to work with. I went with the bike side harness. 

Exhaust goes on next week and we'll see how much different it feels after that. 

Cheers

topazsparrow

What map did you use?

I grabbed the Power commander maps for Akra TI and no snorkel, and I'm using active tune as well. Not sure if it's optimal or not as I get surging at idle once it's hot.

13 minutes ago, topazsparrow said:

What map did you use?

I grabbed the Power commander maps for Akra TI and no snorkel, and I'm using active tune as well. Not sure if it's optimal or not as I get surging at idle once it's hot.

PC 22-065-004 

1 hour ago, Ryedadee said:

Finally had a chance to take her for a ride since installing the kit and cut the snorkel at the same time.

I am very happy with the results. In all my years modding cars I can't recall a mod that ever made this noticeable of a difference. The bike has do much more pep compared to stock. Best part IMO is disabling the fuel cut. It's so nice to down shift now as you roll up to a light. 

I definitely recommend it. Easy install and easy software to work with. I went with the bike side harness. 

Cheers

And thats just the base tune on that flashtunes kit. @2wheeldynoworks tune blows that out of the water. Good start though.. 

7 hours ago, Ryedadee said:

Cheers

Congrats,dude! With the fuel cut disabled how much engine braking are you left with? I'd also be curious to know what is eventually does to your fuel mileage, if anything.

6 hours ago, Cruizin said:

And thats just the base tune on that flashtunes kit. @2wheeldynoworks tune blows that out of the water. Good start though.. 

Just curious, but have you ridden both tunes?

25 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Just curious, but have you ridden both tunes?

No, Talked to Nels and the guy who left FTecu (Flashtunes) to go to work for Nels.  The base tune from Flashtunes is an improvement from stock, but is just a basetune for tuners to start with and develop stronger tunes of their own. A good start that allows more customization by a capable tuner. 

This forum actually found the test bike for FTecu to test to develop the basetune four years ago. We also found the first FZ-10 for FTecu for that bikes first basetune.  @2wheeldynoworks can tell you the exact numbers that can be gained over the basetune. 

7 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Congrats,dude! With the fuel cut disabled how much engine braking are you left with? I'd also be curious to know what is eventually does to your fuel mileage, if anything.

The engine braking has been reduced I would say at least 50%. You can always reenable it. 

Funny, I just got the Active Tune kit last night! It's going on today. Looking forward to the results.

17 hours ago, Ryedadee said:

Cheers

Will you have to retune it after the new exhaust is put on?

Beemer

18 hours ago, Beemer said:

Will you have to retune it after the new exhaust is put on?

I will go for a ride with out changing the map and then reflash to see how much of a difference the flash makes. The bike will run fine without the flash but to answer your question no I don't have to flash it after the exhaust but the whole tuning game is to get acheive an optimal Air/fuel ratio so any time you add a part it can only help to reflash. No two bikes are identical so a tune on a Dyno is best but through experience these companies have a general idea of what the maps should like with each mod done to a bike and release maps accordingly. 

topazsparrow
On 4/27/2018 at 3:56 PM, Ryedadee said:

PC 22-065-004 

Where'd you get that from?

The only one I saw available was: M22-065-007 (akra-ti no snorkel) and M22-065-008 (akra ti dna airfilter)

Finally flashed the ECU after installing the exhaust. Very impressed with the flash tune kit. This def woke the bike up. Without really trying as I came out of a minor twisty she was at 130km (80 mph) in third gear.

I'm not trying to show off or act like I'm fast but I take that bend almost every time I leave my place and never felt it pull like that. 

topazsparrow
6 hours ago, Ryedadee said:

Finally flashed the ECU after installing the exhaust. Very impressed with the flash tune kit. This def woke the bike up. Without really trying as I came out of a minor twisty she was at 130km (80 mph) in third gear.

I'm not trying to show off or act like I'm fast but I take that bend almost every time I leave my place and never felt it pull like that. 

I almost wrecked my bike after exhaust and tune. I came into a corner in 4'th gear about 30kph faster than normal because I just assumed I was in 3rd gear at the same RPM - based off feel and sound of the bike... drifted wide and nearly hit an oncoming car. Big wake up call - had to double check the speedo for a little while after that.

Tried a few map and flash configurations, found the following to work best for me.

I used the AKRA Exhaust and DNA Air Filter map from PC5 on top of the "Desrestricted"  ft flash.

Its night and day.

I have Carbon Akra. Exhaust and two pod filters (whole airbox snorkel delete).

Highley recommend! 

Got the flash tune "bench" kit, where you take the ECU out and do it on your computer or laptop (EZ as pie).

Got mine onsale at Revzilla beggining of year for under $340. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/flash-tune-bench-ecu-flashing-kit-yamaha-fz-07-2015-2016

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like I'm a bit late to this party but thought I'd chime in anyway.  

I had the ecu flashed by 2WDW and added an TF autotuner after I put on a two brothers pipe and DNA intake and intake cover.  On the dyno I ended up getting about 6-7 added HP and the power curve was shifted right significantly (no more power/torque fall off at higher rpms).  

As an aside, that 6-7 HP sounds like 6700 with this pipe on and baffle out.  Holy hell I love it.  My neighbors...probably not so much.  

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just installed the FTecu myself. How do you go about importing PCM files to flash?

I can’t for the life of me get this to work, and it seems like I’m the o oh one that can’t figure it out. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/5/2018 at 9:42 PM, Lazarus84 said:

Hi,

Just installed the FTecu myself. How do you go about importing PCM files to flash?

I can’t for the life of me get this to work, and it seems like I’m the o oh one that can’t figure it out. 

Go here

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/maplookup/powercommander_map_lookup.aspx?mk=28&mdl=682&yr=2926

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I just ordered my FT kit. My bike has a full TwoBros exhaust and I'll likely pull the snorkel while installing the kit. I downloaded a map for full TwoBros with stock filter but do you think the map for full Akra with snorkel removed would be more appropriate? Or leave the snorkel and run the first map? I'm guessing both exhausts flow similarly?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2018 at 9:05 AM, turbodmac said:

Hi all,

I just ordered my FT kit. My bike has a full TwoBros exhaust and I'll likely pull the snorkel while installing the kit. I downloaded a map for full TwoBros with stock filter but do you think the map for full Akra with snorkel removed would be more appropriate? Or leave the snorkel and run the first map? I'm guessing both exhausts flow similarly?

I would try the two bro/stock filter for about a tank worth of riding and then switch it up. Ride the same area you o previous file and see what feels good. Beauty of the FT is how easy it is. 

Archived