The MT-07 Forum

Longest lasting tyres, he says

faffi

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent intelligent review with great humour.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

And here I thought he was going to say: "put your bike up on cinderblocks, shove into 6th gear at a fast idle and let it run all night long so the motor is ready to go when you wake up. And it'll have logged 300 extra miles in the intervening time."

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

Been following him for awhile. Best motorcycle information YouTube channel out there. Ryan is the best, right to the point, no BS and entertainingly funny. The quality of the video is too notch. First class all the way.

I know a couple of guys that have Harleys that have had the same set of tires on their bikes for like 5 or 10 years and there's hardly any wear at all.  Must be something really durable in the rubber compound.

With an annual mileage of 500 it's not difficult to make a tyre last for many years 😁

Jokes aside, there are tyres that on some surfaces on certain bikes with particular riders can eek out 30k miles or more. Some of them even offer decent grip. The Michelin PR3s on my son's MT07 is still having plenty of life left with 8k miles on them. Only tyre I've had before that comes close was a Dunlop Elan II on the back of my GS650GL. It was dangerous in the wet, unlike the PR3.

I was sceptical when I started to shop for new tires a few seasons ago. I liked the Diablo Corsa II that came with my bike in 2014 and they lasted around 9000km - I am not too hard on the throttle when exiting curves you see. 😆

So long story short I bought a first set of PR4 in early 2015 and not only did they they last 20 000Km but they got me everywhere smoothly and safely, especially under pouring rain. I've been a big fan of PR4 ever since. I am on my 3rd set this season.

They lasted around 20 000km, including pretty aggressive carving. I found that they keep your line transitions seamless even after wear, unlike the Corsa. 

I guess it's due to their dual compound. I would try the new PR5 anytime.

Their only minus is that they take a little longer to heatup so gotta be carefull on cold days at the begining/end of season. Othere than that do the maths. 😍

13 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Been following him for awhile. Best motorcycle information YouTube channel out there. Ryan is the best, right to the point, no BS and entertainingly funny. The quality of the video is too notch. First class all the way.

I agree with you, RyanF9 is pretty good at what he's doing.

Cheers,

topazsparrow
23 hours ago, gregjet said:

Excellent intelligent review with great humour.

Honestly they've gotta so much better. Somehow his face is even less punchable lately. It's still super punchable, but less so than before somehow.

Topaz, I think that is part of the charm. Dorky looking guy that obviously has a great knowledge and communicates it well. Delivers info without being standoverish. Maybe USA citizens prefer it a bit more agressive? Aussies like the conversational style.

topazsparrow
3 minutes ago, gregjet said:

Topaz, I think that is part of the charm. Dorky looking guy that obviously has a great knowledge and communicates it well. Delivers info without being standoverish. Maybe USA citizens prefer it a bit more agressive? Aussies like the conversational style.

I'm Canadian (as is ryan), but he's from out east so what the hell do I know?

Yeah I had guessed he was a Canadian ( nicest people in the world?). Even the ones from the west?

Archived