The MT-07 Forum

FZ07 fits in shortbed

C4 Trousers

C4 Trousers

Found out today the FZ07 will fit in a shortbed truck thankfully. I knew it was gonna be close and only fit because I let some air out of the tires. Moving to NC and wanted my tailgate up if possible. I’ve seen so many pictures with the tailgate down and a bed extended or a bigger truck but never a shortbed with the gate closed. 

EECF3521-CE05-4BDC-ADC0-C3ABA1572EBD.jpeg

15429B04-B3B1-4D37-A22D-122BC0622F8E.jpeg

Thanks for posting this! I have a 2017 Colorado CCSB and have been trolling the interwebs looking for any photos of an FZ07 in the short bed with zero luck. I have a road trip planned next month and wanted to take the FZ with me. At least I know it fits!

How far did you have to air down those tires?

J

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

Thats good to know a must for thise so inclined.  Now the bigger question is can the shortbed fit on the back of the FZ?

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

17 hours ago, elmo said:

FYI- Had no issues with my hitch bike rack

I do have rear air bladders to help carry the extra load.

5ae2acc4cdb7c_Hitchbikerackc.thumb.JPG.32b872d7430a7232d739f9be8801ba70.JPG

Which rack did you go with? How does it drive with it loaded? 

I was also considering a Black Widow rack if I couldn't get the bike in the bed.

Thanks!

J

2016 Raven (White) ~ Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust / 2WDW ECU Flash / CRG LS Mirrors / Seat Concepts Seat / Givi Windscreen / OES Sliders / R6 Throttle Tube / Ohlins YA419 & NIX22

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

My rack is the Black Widow with 600lbs rating, buying good chinch straps is critical.

My ride is 03 Toyota tundra 4x with added air bladders for hauling lumber, and rides fine with bike carrier.

If to want to feel how the rack would feel on your truck, drop the tailgate load 500lbs of sand or concrete bags on it and go for a ride.

Photo- Loaded up my bike this evening for track day tomorrow. Added the magnetic directional/brake lamps on the ramp for added safety.

5ae3f5e55512d_blackWildowbikecarrier.thumb.jpg.f93b16e614c423b199e43affb35f3cd0.jpg

C4 Trousers
On 4/26/2018 at 8:53 PM, xeon said:

Thanks for posting this! I have a 2017 Colorado CCSB and have been trolling the interwebs looking for any photos of an FZ07 in the short bed with zero luck. I have a road trip planned next month and wanted to take the FZ with me. At least I know it fits!

How far did you have to air down those tires?

J

It was mainly the front. I aired it down until it fit lol. Re aired them today and the pressure gauge read about 12 before I added air. Good luck 👍

C4 Trousers
On 4/27/2018 at 11:58 AM, r1limited said:

Thats good to know a must for thise so inclined.  Now the bigger question is can the shortbed fit on the back of the FZ?

Well duh. As long as you don’t do the passenger seat delete you should be just fine 

Archived