The MT-07 Forum

2018 FZ-07 Plastics Compatible with older models?

bakamoto

• Premium Member

Does anybody know if the new FZ-07 plastics and maybe headlight are compatible with the older models?  I think the new ones look pretty good.

• Premium Member

The radiator spoilers are! I bought em for $4 each - look way better than the old ones even with the blank turn signal holes.

B4C-21731-00-00 + B4C-21741-00-00

Check the new schematic for the plastic bodywork and the 2018 model's frame vs the 2016's frame. The frames look identical.

The bodywork though follows different lines. The seat changed size and shape so if you change the fuel tank panels you'll need to change the seat out too to match.

2018 headlamp vs old headlamp - I'd guess they don't fit each other, but the frame hasn't changed so ... maybe? $120 to gamble yes for teh headlight alone but you'd need the top cowl to match, etc etc.

2018 tail section vs previous tail section- they are different but appear to use the same mounting holes. The tail light is drastically different though.

2018 fuel tank panels vs previous fuel tank panels

2018 seat vs old seat - different shape front and rear, not compatible ... so you'd need to replace the fuel tank panels and the tail sections to get the seat since they all fit together

Is it really worth the cost? I don't think so

his face seems pulled and tense
like he's riding on a motorbike in the strongest winds

• Premium Member

even the front fender is diffrent... we will be able to swap parts such as exhaust, suspension parts, wheels ( ABS needs the ABS sensor ring), fuel controllers... 

I can see the headlight working, might have to do a little wiring job since the old style has the DRL on the headlight housing...

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

I'm swapping a 2018 headlight on my 2017 right now.  Some light wiring is needed.  I'm planning a write up soon after I get all the parts for it. 

All of the 2018 plastics will fit but many parts use different mounting plates and brackets underneath the bodywork which can really add up.  I guesstimated a full conversion will run at least $1000.  The tough part is that it's not easy to do just one section of the bike besides the headlight.  You can't just do say the tank plastics because the older seat doesn't match up and the new seat only matches up with the new tail section.  If you want to replace anything from the tank back, you gotta do everything.  The headlight section is relatively cheap though.  I'm a little over $200 in OEM parts for that including the turn signal relocation.

2018headlight2.jpeg

• 1 year later...

I wonder if the windscreen mounting holes are the same...im trying to get a windscreen but can't seem to find the one I want listed for the 18

14 hours ago, ChadHickox said:

I wonder if the windscreen mounting holes are the same...im trying to get a windscreen but can't seem to find the one I want listed for the 18

They are not the same spacing, unfortunately. 

Instagram: @jayparrington 

Archived