Dustin Coffey

New Exhaust for 2017 FZ-07 | Akrapovic or SC-Project  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which exhaust would you choose ?

• Akrapovic Carbon Full System
    • SC-Project Conic Full system

This poll is closed to new votes

Dustin Coffey

The choice is narrowed down to an Akra Carbon or an SC-Project Conic. Other suggestion I'll look at of course though. If you've seen my crashed/repair thread here   Then you know I have hairline cracks in my header pipes. I've decided instead of a band-aid fix. I'll just upgrade to a full system. 

I love the look, sound and performance of my Akra Carbon. I've run it baffle in and out. Too loud with it out for my ears. 

• Global Moderator

I personally like the look of the Akra Titanium.  The only exhaust I have heard on a FZ-07 is the Yoshimira R77.  It sounds great but is too loud for my taste.  I like the quiet stock exhaust, so my opinion on that is in the minority here :)

I really like my Akra Carbon, I run with the baffle out just tooling around town, but If I were to go on a road trip I'd probably put the baffle in.  The thing is impressively loud!!

I have the Arka Carbon ( snail pipe). Chose because I got it before much else was available and it is VERY much lighter than stock).  None really give any real increase in noticeable power, but almost ALL at much lighter, and weight decrease is a handling and accelleration improver.

The Yoshi (later version with the stepped header) and the Arrow are the go for extra power ( at the correct rpm).

Akra carbon and GPR ( had a really ugly muffler if that's important, but they may have updated it), both can come fitted with a canister inline 100c/sqi cat that pretty much doesn't affect the flow and takes the edge of the transients ( ie the sound won't carry as far).

The Akra carbon ( snail pipe) has repeatedly tested as having MARGINALLY MORE power , with the dB killer in, than with the baffle removed . No idea why and don't anybody say "back pressure" or I'll scream

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member

I vote for the newer Yoshi exhaust... I personally dislike Akra because everyone seems to have one

And the Yoshi exhaust is used by Hordpower suit his Airbox he sells... 

Yoshi+ Hordpower Airbox = HP-07 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

• Premium Member
cornerslider
8 hours ago, mjh937 said:

I personally like the look of the Akra Titanium.  The only exhaust I have heard on a FZ-07 is the Yoshimira R77.  It sounds great but is too loud for my taste.  I like the quiet stock exhaust, so my opinion on that is in the minority here :)

I agree with everything said here ^.... I got the Akra Ti for one reason- It puts the ENTIRE exhaust under the bike. This accomplishes two things 1) lowers the CG of the bike  2) in a crash (or even a "tip") the entire exhaust is protected from most damage from a crash/tip. To me, that was worth the extra money. Yes, it's quiet....... If you want "louder", pull the baffle, and let'r rip!!! Just my humble opinion. I'm sure you will love what ever exhaust you go with-

""W.O.T. until you see god, then brake"

Cranapplescott

I spent the extra $$$ for the Akra Ti..... low sided through an intersection and it came out perfectly fine. Not even a scratch.

I run baffle out and its loud as sh!t, but that's nothing a pair of ear plugs cant fix.

I can still hear the music playing through my SENA unit incase that's any concern of yours.

18 hours ago, gregjet said:

I have the Arka Carbon ( snail pipe). Chose because I got it before much else was available and it is VERY much lighter than stock).  None really give any real increase in noticeable power, but almost ALL at much lighter, and weight decrease is a handling and accelleration improver.

The Yoshi (later version with the stepped header) and the Arrow are the go for extra power ( at the correct rpm).

Akra carbon and GPR ( had a really ugly muffler if that's important, but they may have updated it), both can come fitted with a canister inline 100c/sqi cat that pretty much doesn't affect the flow and takes the edge of the transients ( ie the sound won't carry as far).

The Akra carbon ( snail pipe) has repeatedly tested as having MARGINALLY MORE power , with the dB killer in, than with the baffle removed . No idea why and don't anybody say "back pressure" or I'll scream

Sounds like you need a hot oil massage to relieve that nagging back pressure.

Oh, and don't forget to ask about the special.

oil massage.jpg

Beemer

"Top Five Motorcycle Exhaust/Muffler Reviews

1. Akrapovic Muffler Cf/Cf Cbr300R S-H3SO3-RC

This Akrapovic Muffler is just what you’re looking for if you want to replace/need a new muffler for your Honda CBR. This new generation muffler, based on the Akrapovic Racing and Evolution line exhaust systems, was created using state-of-the-art materials in order to achieve top performance levels, incredibly low weight, and a muffler of the highest quality production. You will find a stamp of approval on the muffler from its approval based on technical standards by the technical standards board for each specific motorcycle so you know you have the muffler that you really need. It also conforms to the strict regulations of the EU for street use, so you don’t have to worry about any problems with the authorities. Though the muffler does conform to sound and safety regulations, it still provides the recognizable Akrapovic sound. This carbon fiber muffler/end cap looks great and sounds even better.

Check Price On Amazon"   -   http://www.bikegearup.com/best-motorcycle-exhaust-muffler-review/

The lighter the better and mine sounds great!

Beemer

Dustin Coffey

Well,  I think the poll speaks for itself. I will be picking up a full Akra Carbon system this weekend. I found one two hours away from me brand new for less than 700 bucks. 

Cut the muffler off and run it with straight pipes

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Dustin Coffey
6 minutes ago, r1limited said:

It only has a mid-pipe on it rn. The noise is insane. 

pXnBHyL.jpg

1 hour ago, Dustin Coffey said:

It only has a mid-pipe on it rn. The noise is insane. 

pXnBHyL.jpg

Thats awesome, I bet your the schnizit to the hood

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

• Premium Member

Wow, poll already closed. 

Welp. Guess you don't need my help...

Instagram: @meekmade | You don't need to flat foot a bike to ride it.

Dustin Coffey
21 hours ago, motomeek said:

Wow, poll already closed. 

Welp. Guess you don't need my help...

Feel free to toss your opinion in though. I'm sure exhaust topics will be searched until the end of time. 

1 hour ago, Jaxx said:

Have you considered the impact on back pressure?

I usually take 4 Ibuprifin and 2 Tylenol to reduse back pressure.

On 4/23/2018 at 4:44 PM, gregjet said:

No idea why and don't anybody say "back pressure" or I'll scream

exhaust pulse wave timing and scavenge effects. There, I didn't say "back pressure". 

But most likely any gains are an artifact of environment differences between runs.

bannerfans_1095431.jpg

35 minutes ago, pattonme said:

There, I didn't say "back pressure".

Could this also be explained as Substantially lacking rear flow prohibitor's

• Premium Member
On 4/24/2018 at 11:10 AM, r1limited said:

Not gonna lie when I was cutting mine to test if that Chinese clone exhaust worked I did. Just up the street and back. Loud as hell.

"prohibitors" I think you mean " inhibitors"...Hows THAT for needlessly pedantic...

"Have you considered the impact on back pressure"....AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!

"exhaust pulse wave timing and scavenge effects. There, I didn't say "back pressure". " Thank you pattonme, but I had expected a considered reply from you . And in truth there IS a "back pressure" from the returning negative pressure wave, though very short transient thereof. I should have said something like " contained back pressure " or "static back pressure" though both of those aren't entirely correct either.

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

Archived