The MT-07 Forum

New 2018 MT-07 White/Red on the way

safety

I said it in 2017 and in 2018 I did it!

Just bought a brand new MT-07 2018, the white and Red that is.

The bike is for my girl actually but hey I am having fun shopping the whole thing!

Will be selling her HD 883 this season, she will FINALY enjoy riding like it's meant to be aboard that new MT-07.

I am having such a blast just shopping for mods and perks she wants to put on it.🤗

Should get the bike next week and she's already anxious at taking it for a spin!

20180414_112719_MT07-WR01.thumb.jpg.d7626201090c7854a422c7923b419472.jpg

Be safe out there folks,

14 hours ago, shinyribs said:

Those colors look very nice together. Congrats! Is that a factory decal on the black tank cover?

Everything is stock from manufacturer. You are talking about the logo above the intake, yes it's just the dealer's stickers with info on it.

Actualy, the dealer from where I ordered didn't have THAT specfic color (white/red) on the floor so I went to a different dealer just to look at the model color's that day.

It was either this color or the blueish purple one she wanted, so after settling for the red white one I ordered from the former dealer.

But there is one thing I found particular, all the MT-07 at that specific dealer had Pilot Road 4 on them (see picture)... and that makes me wonder because I read on Yamaha's website that the 2018 models  are shipped with the BridgeStone's Battle Axe. So I don't know if the PR4 came on the bike or if it was a sale strategy from that particular dealer.

I guess I will find out shortly. ;)

20180414_112325.jpg

• Premium Member

Congrats on the new MT-07!

FYI: the "blueish purple" is known around here as blurple. 😀

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

Congrats and enjoy! Nice color! and I like how the front fender is all black. Are saying you bought your GF that bike? If so, lucky girl to have you!

Beemer

• Global Moderator

@safety unless they changed it for 2018 it has been either Michelins or Bridgestones, whichever the factory put on.  It used to be the PR3 though so the PR4 is new for 2018 (I think...I do not recall anyone getting the 4's last year).

On 4/20/2018 at 10:48 AM, DewMan said:

Congrats on the new MT-07!

FYI: the "blueish purple" is known around here as blurple. 😀

Oh I see, that makes sense. I guess I will familiarize myself with the "MT/FZ" lingo as the time goes. 😉

On 4/20/2018 at 12:59 PM, Beemer said:

Congrats and enjoy! Nice color! and I like how the front fender is all black. Are saying you bought your GF that bike? If so, lucky girl to have you!

Yeah I personnaly find that the whole lower portion of the bike, from fromt to back, is especialy dark.

Maybe we will trow a little something like some wheel stripes...or belly pane. The later are fairly expensive at this point in time. Maybe later into the summer more stocks will be generaly available.

On 4/20/2018 at 3:08 PM, fuzzmedic said:

Congrats, love that color scheme. Very reminiscent of my first bike, a Honda CB500F

True that

On 4/20/2018 at 5:08 PM, mjh937 said:

@safety unless they changed it for 2018 it has been either Michelins or Bridgestones, whichever the factory put on.  It used to be the PR3 though so the PR4 is new for 2018 (I think...I do not recall anyone getting the 4's last year).

That'd be great...will see later this week 😃

• 2 weeks later...

So it came in safely back home last Saturday.

A small 45km ride from the dealer back home for that new engin and a GREAT initial time for her. ;)

Here is a happy camper - her first startup, she said to me that she was literaly shaking before leaving the dealer's lot.

5ae90cf827367_20180428_103106.mp42018-04-3022-47-41.thumb.png.ce80d83ce15b757d76718b4bf299525d.png

Everything went very smooth on that cold morning (around 10 degrees under a gray sky).

I was very glad to learn the bike did came on PR4 tires, I am fond of those, had a few sets myself on my bike.

So far the only mods have been replacing the blinkers for the OEM nicer ones. I couldn't stand the big pumpkins.

More to come...

20180428_112801.thumb.jpg.34442313f803fa7e9999c297330ac805.jpg

So ever  since her ride back home, our reality is pretty much as follow because of the mix of cold/rain/grayish weather.

20180428_123110.thumb.jpg.550b76bce7b95c6d9b12190f4365a260.jpg

But weather should be on our side tomorrow.

;)

Can't wait to hit the road with the girls again 🤗

Cheers,

• Premium Member
norcal616

Its nice to see Yamaha brought back the white back... This may be the only year they offer white for the 2nd generation if they follow suit with the 1st generation FZ/MT-07 ....  

heres a 1st gen 😎

20171005_164616-1.jpg

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

12 hours ago, norcal616 said:

Its nice to see Yamaha brought back the white back... This may be the only year they offer white for the 2nd generation if they follow suit with the 1st generation FZ/MT-07 ....  

heres a 1st gen 😎

The white was and is so nice! I looked for one last year and all I could comeup with was to possibily buy a light-blue and order white plastics for it.

The idea was cool and having a spare sets of plastic can come handy - the light-blue even had the white wheel tape which would have accentuated the white look like on your picture.

Great picture by the way. It looks much better without teh passenger pegs and the fender eliminator. 😍

I guess the Yosh sound can only embelish the whole thing. 

So because the white existed at some point she WANTED THAT... a whity... long story short we decided to wait for the 2018 instead of replacing plastics, in hope Yamaha would release something white or some other colors that'd she would like. Personnaly I would have gone with any of the three colors 😜.

I think it was worth to wait, not only all of them looks great this year but the 2nd generation has newer suspensions (firmer in front) and a rear adjustable shock with some other minor adjustements (seat width).

Has your bike came with the white wheel tape on it or did you add it yourself?

Which windshield are you using? I just ordered the following Puig:

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windshields-specific-for-non-round-headlights/naked-new-generation-touring?bike=21060

Cheers and be safe out-there,

• Premium Member
norcal616

The rim tape was from an eBay seller named RTAYLOR 33 or something.... they are highly reflective... 

As for windscreen, it's an ERMAX but it's only purpose is to hold my data logger

The Yoshi Exhaust is nice, give it an exotic v8 sound over the industrial sewing machine sound,   but it's the Hordpower Airbox that really let's the bike shine... 

2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition...2015 fj-09- 120whp- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich Race Kit- tuned by 2WDW

On 5/1/2018 at 7:15 PM, safety said:

So far the only mods have been replacing the blinkers for the OEM nicer ones. I couldn't stand the big pumpkins.

More to come...

20180428_112801.thumb.jpg.34442313f803fa7e9999c297330ac805.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the Euro spec OEM signals from? I'd much rather have those on mine as well. 

13 hours ago, 208MT07 said:

Sure thing, I bought them directly from the dealer. 

http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/eshop/detail.php?sectionId=AC&groupId=19&subGroupId=13&categoryId=61&itemId=795&unitId=5042&unitName=2018+MT-07&unitGroup=MC&unitYear=2018&items_per_page=12&page=1

I live in Canada I doubt the part number will differ from U.S:

Part #: YME-H0789-00-10

Cheers,

Archived