The MT-07 Forum

(PICS) New tank panels & 25k refresh

AlbatrossCafe

AlbatrossCafe

I'm at just over 25k miles. I had my valve clearances checked (they needed no adjustment, RIP several hundred $$ 🙃), changed spark plugs, oil, coolant, brake fluid, put in brand new brake pads, and lubed everything I could think of ;)

The service made a bigger difference than I thought. The bike rides (dare I say) better than it did when new on account of my exhaust/ECU tune. I was surprised. It felt so good that I thought I would put on new tank panels courtesy of @texastj.

Again, I didn't realize changing the color would make a huge difference. But it did. It feels like I'm riding a brand new motorcycle!

Here's to another 25k!

Before:

QxNfsae.jpg

After:

4pm7ghr.jpg?1

t94w0QB.jpg?1

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, AlbatrossCafe said:

I'm at just over 25k miles. I had my valve clearances checked (they needed no adjustment, RIP several hundred $$ 1f643.png), changed spark plugs, oil, coolant, brake fluid, put in brand new brake pads, and lubed everything I could think of ;)

The service made a bigger difference than I thought. The bike rides (dare I say) better than it did when new on account of my exhaust/ECU tune.  I was surprised. It felt so good that I thought I would put on new tank panels courtesy of @texastj.

I'm curious. In what way is the bike riding better?

I'm going to assume that the suspension and motor perform as they did prior to service with the possible exception of the spark plugs if they were in bad shape prior to replacement. Did you have other maintenance done such as throttle body synch as well?

I can see how lubricating pivot points and cables would make the controls feel smoother, and new pads making the brakes feel more responsive.

Nothing like the feeling of knowing you've helped to keep your ride running it's best. 👍

DewMan

Just shut up and ride.

AlbatrossCafe
1 hour ago, DewMan said:

I'm curious. In what way is the bike riding better?

I'm going to assume that the suspension and motor perform as they did prior to service with the possible exception of the spark plugs if they were in bad shape prior to replacement. Did you have other maintenance done such as throttle body synch as well?

I can see how lubricating pivot points and cables would make the controls feel smoother, and new pads making the brakes feel more responsive.

Nothing like the feeling of knowing you've helped to keep your ride running it's best. 👍

Didn't do throttle body synch. I guess it is more like "Everything about the bike feels like it was when it was brand new" with the exception of the throttle response/power curve being smoother and more preferable compared to how it was before. The ECU Flash and Exhaust that I've had for about 24k of those miles help with this.

I had been in the red on so many things for the last thousand miles (brake fluid was brown, pads were at <15%, oil was way past due at 4k, plugs were at 8k, had never bled brakes since purchase) that when I finally took care of everything it brought back memories of what this bike was like when it was fresh off the dealer lot.

On 4/18/2018 at 1:27 PM, AlbatrossCafe said:

. It felt so good that I thought I would put on new tank panels courtesy of @texastj.

Again, I didn't realize changing the color would make a huge difference. But it did. It feels like I'm riding a brand new motorcycle.

4pm7ghr.jpg?1

t94w0QB.jpg?1

Looks great! Glad it worked out for both of us, stay safe out there. 

AlbatrossCafe
21 minutes ago, shinyribs said:

Good deal showing the bike some much deserved love! 

BTW, what rear hugger is that? 

"Powerbronze Rear Hugger". Got it a couple years ago: https://fz07.org/thread/4101/powerbronze-rear-hugger-review/

I'm not a huge fan of the look, but just never got around to getting a replacement to put back on haha.

Archived