The MT-07 Forum

Schuberth S2 Helmet Owner Feedback Needed

Duke

Hey everybody,

I'm getting close to the time to replace my helmet. I'm currently using the Shoei RF-1200 along with my FZ-07. As nice and comfortable the Shoei is, I don't feel like it's a good fit for my riding style. I mainly cruise the Austin, TX country roads nowadays and sometimes spirited riding in the twisties. 

My question is for the Schuberth S2 owners out there. How do you like it? 

Other than crash protection (ECE 22.05, Snell, etc.), I'm looking for comfort and quality of life features. The Shoei RF-1200 is made for the track so it's not as good in terms of wind noise dampening (but great in ventilation) which is why I'm considering the Schuberth. So maybe the Schuberth S2's internal drop down sun visor and reputation for quietness would work for me?

Feedback is appreciated!

You do you and I'll do me.

I have an s-2 and its an awesome freaking helmet for me. Got mine from Revzilla, because I wanted an easy return if it didn't fit right. 

Schuberth builds some of the best helmets that money can buy, mine is super plush and comfy. Also works great with a communication system. 

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/schuberth-s2-sport-helmet?gclid=Cj0KCQjwttbWBRDyARIsAN8zhbI4Wy-EbIO6unLXdcuxMv_zkgT5kCa0SB2uaD3PQeWSx2pCgTp0iGYaArt9EALw_wcB

schuberth_s2_sport_helmet_matte_black_750x750.jpg

schuberth_s2_sport_elite_helmet_red_750x750.jpg

@Cruizin good stuff! Yeah I've always heard good things about Schuberth helmets.

Do you use ear plugs in conjunction with your S2?

And how's the wind noise when you have all of the vents open?

Does the chin curtain come separately?

Chin curtain came with mine. I dont use ear plugs with any helmet, and really not needed with this helmet anyways, most quiet Helmet Ive ever owned. Wind noise still manageable with vents open, but again I never wear earplugs with any helmet,not even my dirtbike helmets and my dirtbike is very loud. 

10 hours ago, Cruizin said:

Chin curtain came with mine

For 900 bucks they should come with a butler to put it on your head Shesh thats an expensive lid.

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Alright, I'm convinced. Getting the Schuberth S2 in this color scheme. 

Going use the blue iridium visor on it, too!

schuberth_s2_sport_rush_helmet_matte_grey_750x750.jpg

Archived