The MT-07 Forum

Got plenty of giggles from this

faffi

10 min long, where is the funny part

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” --Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria

Faffi, I am with you on this one.

I HATE heated grips...but I live in Queensland...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

• Premium Member
On 4/17/2018 at 1:37 PM, gregjet said:

Faffi, I am with you on this one.

I HATE heated grips...but I live in Queensland...

I’ve never tried em. I’m curious to see how they’d feel. Most of the year here is hot though. I need cooled grips. That’s should be a thing. It gets 110+ Fahrenheit  here in the summer

I used to have a BMWf800R that came with heated grips. The switch was a push down button on top of the switch cluster. When I would tour I would put my hands on top of the clusters to rest them ( I had fitted a cruise control). It would accidently switch on the heated grips. When it was 30-40deg C the grips would get so hot you could touch them. Of course , you wouldn't notice immediately because you had gloves on. The gloves would get so hot you had to take them off VERY quickly. Not much fun when you are doing 100kph in traffic...

Go forth and modify my son...go forth and modify...

I get what he's saying, but I ain't giving up my heated grips! As a year 'round rider heated grips are invaluable. And I do like the ambient air temp readout on the FZ. When I see it getting below 33 or 34 degrees I know I need to be more vigilant about ice on the road ;)

I don't think he wanted to give up anything, either. It was this self-irony and his way of expressing himself that I found hilarious. 

My god, if a person has to have all those creature comforts, if the elements bother them that much and they're so afraid of losing traction why the hell are they on a bike? They should be in something more like this.

Miata convertible.jpg

Beemer

Archived