The MT-07 Forum

Kawasaki H2R Revealed

aeisan

That is a monster. I regard it more as a technology showcase - kind of what you can achieve when you're not restricted by anything. It looks impressive and the specs are out of this world.
Kind of surprised at the single sided swing arm - how practical is that (given that the MotoGP, for example, does not use this kind of setup)?

This thing is pretty crazy.

That is a monster. I regard it more as a technology showcase - kind of what you can achieve when your not restricted by anything. It looks impressive and the specs are out of this world. Kind of surprised at the single sided swing arm - how practical is that (given that the MotoGP, for example, does not use this kind of setup)?
They have been used successfully in AMA and World Superbike classes off and on for 20 some years. So they can be practical.

The H2R being the closed course bike at 300hp is pretty crazy. I'm expecting the H2 street bike will probably have the claimed 200+hp as originally leaked. It is a beautiful piece of art though.

Does anyone else think the look of the front end when looking head on is like a Samurai transformer?

x6l8itxhlil6pqrfadrk.jpg

Life is good on 2 wheels!

• Global Moderator

Wings on a bike? Does downforce work on a motorcycle? I understand it on a car where the downforce is always straight down, but when you lean on a bike it seems to me that it would be counter productive. Any of the racers out there want to chime in. Maybe I am not understanding something (which would not be the first time).

9CqmrCw.jpgThe Kawasaki Ninja H2R motorcycle is an engineering marvel, made possible only through the sourcing of technological expertise from multiple divisions of Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. The Gas Turbine division was crucial in the development of a hyper-efficient supercharger­—the only one of its kind; custom components were created to near-impossible tolerances by the Machinery division; and the Aerospace division crafted the distinctive carbon-fiber bodywork of this aerodynamic masterpiece. The result is a system of carefully crafted premium components that work in concert to create an unbelievably powerful machine—one that’s more than worthy of the legendary H2 name.

Can I test ride it? I promise to wear DEPENDS. 300HP and a megaphone instead of a muffler.... my neighbors will never sleep!vy3aOpg.jpgi5FwsYT.jpg

I owned the 750 two stroke triple, 1973 version. It nearly owned me! The behemoth H2 750, was essentially a scaled-up version of the H1 500. A stock H2 was rated at 12.0 seconds for the quarter mile. Updated with more power and better front disc brakes, the H2 became the undisputed king of the streets3dl923S.jpg. It was notoriously dangerous, being prone to up-and-over wheelies and speed wobbles. The dangerous handling characteristics arising from its mediocre frame design caused it to be nicknamed the "Widowmaker" by motorcycle enthusiasts of the 1970s. And yes, mine had expansion chambers and stinger mufflers! RING-DING-DING-DING-DING

• 4 weeks later...

yamahBOB
I loved the looks of the "Window maker" two stroke 750's :)
So my question on the new H2 does it require a NASA astronaut endorsement on you license ???  "Im supersonic Ill be there in 30 seconds" :)   Besides the motor the lines are really sweet on it  

Archived